Wii U Love Thread

Yep. Given how it's implemented, though, Nintendo could support another one or more if they wanted. They just don't want to.

Yep. Given how it's implemented, though, Nintendo could support another one or more if they wanted. They just don't want to.
That really depends. Having actual gameplay on multiple screens probably wouldn't work, as it already struggles to run two (multiplayer using the screen in most games I've played do this be dropping the fps from 60 on one screen, to 30 on both).

They could use it in games where the same image is mirrored to multiple screens, or simple menu screens, but that is pretty limited. And I doubt they want to design a game around doing this, as having another wiiu tablet would be a pretty big barrier to entry, and most people wouldn't buy a second for just one game.

That really depends. Having actual gameplay on multiple screens probably wouldn't work, as it already struggles to run two (multiplayer using the screen in most games I've played do this be dropping the fps from 60 on one screen, to 30 on both).

They could use it in games where the same image is mirrored to multiple screens, or simple menu screens, but that is pretty limited. And I doubt they want to design a game around doing this, as having another wiiu tablet would be a pretty big barrier to entry, and most people wouldn't buy a second for just one game.
Well the simple use case - the same image is on all screens - means you don't have to use the TV for multiplayer games, and you don't get people yelling at others for walking in front of the tv. But otherwise, you're correct, the GPU is barely able to manage both screens it already has, so to display something different on more screens is right out.

I don't see them fixing it either since their next console is speculated to be hitting Q4 2016. Maybe that one will have the power to work those screens, but that will depend on if the controllers even have screens on them. Either way, they're likely not going to worry about improving the Wii U any further.

Yo, question. My kids just got a Wii U for Christmas. I see you can buy additional gamepad controllers now. Does the system support two controllers used at once?
yes reverse engineering discovered you could. no one has implemented it yet though.