Who wants to have a house party? (Worst ad ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 37 seconds in, and it just hurts. I'm going to try for a whole minute.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

It's just so great! The party can be whatever you want it to be. I made a power point of fun party activities and showed it to everyone. It only took 30 minutes and was full of funny sounds! What a great party!

It's just so great! The party can be whatever you want it to be. I made a power point of fun party activities and showed it to everyone. It only took 30 minutes and was full of funny sounds! What a great party!
Well, I had 3(!) activities! Man, me and my amazingly diverse group of friends just had so much fun! Windows 7 was the guest of honor!

What kind of dunce needs Windows to tell them how to throw a party?

Step 1: take house
Step 2: add people
Step 3: add activities to taste

It's just so simple. We all gathered around my laptop, in the kitchen of course, and looked at all the features of windows 7! Then we played a game where we all went around and said what our favorite feature was. First my old white woman friend said that it was easy to use. Then my black, kinda middle aged male friend said that it brought back what he loved about the older windows. It was a great time.

The only hitch was when my early 30s female Hispanic friend said she preferred a mac. But then we came up with a new activity called "curb stomp that bitch" and well, let's just say Maria won't be telling anyone about macs now.

ever

Someone made this just so mac users can make fun of windows users, right?

I mean... wow!

Sorry, MS, you only get one windows 95 launch.

Just let it go, man.

Let it go.

-Adam

I still don't see any actual evidence that this was done by Microsoft. :confused: Not that they're not capable - they've had some bad ones in the past but this just seems ... ugh. But why would they so clearly show the Sony laptop? That's why I doubt it's really by Microsoft. Why not use a non-descript one instead? For all I know, this could be done by Sony.

In any case, why the retards in the comment section of Youtube seem to think this will mean Windows 7 will suck is beyond me. That and the many retarded "get a Mac instead" comments of course ...

I still don't see any actual evidence that this was done by Microsoft. :confused:
Ummm... if you had read the Washington Post article I linked to you would see your "evidence".
Here, I'll make your life easier;)

The idea, as veteran Microsoft reporter Todd Bishop reported earlier this month, is that Windows 7 fans can show off the Windows Vista replacement's features to friends, in return for which the folks in Redmond will give each host some help organizing the gathering and a free copy of Windows 7. Microsoft signed up an Irvington, N.Y., firm called House Party, which has organized similar marketing campaigns for the likes of Hershey and Gerber, to run the show.

I still don't see any actual evidence that this was done by Microsoft. :confused:
Ummm... if you had read the Washington Post article I linked to you would see your "evidence".
Here, I'll make your life easier;)
[/QUOTE]
Heh, they need to keep a better eye on what their "lower echelons" do then. Well at least it's not a real ad.

L

Le Quack

This is post-modern humor, just like Norm MacDonald's bit on that roast.

This is hilarious.

This is post-modern humor, just like Norm MacDonald's bit on that roast.

This is hilarious.
Yeah that's what I partly thought at first but would they really do this when most people are too stupid to "get" such comedy? I loved the Roast of Norm MacDonald yet the audience were too ignorant to get it. Heck, it got cut because they knew the viewers wouldn't get it either.

P

Pojodan

Ugh....

This literally makes me sick to my stomach it's so unbearable.

Good lord.

I've already seen a lot of videos spoofing this. Which I didn't believe at first because I thought the real thing was a spoof.

Hee hee -- spoof.

fade

Staff member
It could actually be anti-humor, like Le Quack said. Though anti-humor would be a really stupid thing to use in a commercial designed to sell something.

R

rabbitgod

This was terrible.

But if you go back through the whole thing and replace Windows 7 with 'orgy', activity with 'deviant sex', and snap with 'dildo', the whole thing takes a delightful turn.

This was terrible.

But if you go back through the whole thing and replace Windows 7 with 'orgy', activity with 'deviant sex', and snap with 'dildo', the whole thing takes a delightful turn.
The internet demands a dubbed version! Go forth and record for great justice!

-Adam

L

lafftaff

So, which lawsuit that Microsoft lost forced them to fire their marketing team? Seriously, this commercial, the vomit commercial from IE 8, the little girl with the power-point presentations about Windows 7 from TV, what the hell is Balmer smoking and why isn't he sharing it with us instead of sharing it with his dev team?

This is where the PA comic about critics comes in, "It's not for you!"

I suspect that the marketing group has identified an age group (looks like "Active matures" 40-65) that has money, but is unwilling to upgrade (because what they have works fine for their limited uses).

If they can market to them, especially indirectly, then this can be a big boon for MS.

And as silly as launch parties appear to us, the elite digerati, this is actually a reasonable excuse for them to socialize with their friends and talk about technical things that, to some degree, are unknown and incomprehensible.

So, yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if this boosted their bottom line.

-Adam

A

Armadillo

This is where the PA comic about critics comes in, \"It's not for you!\"

I suspect that the marketing group has identified an age group (looks like \"Active matures\" 40-65) that has money, but is unwilling to upgrade (because what they have works fine for their limited uses).

If they can market to them, especially indirectly, then this can be a big boon for MS.

And as silly as launch parties appear to us, the elite digerati, this is actually a reasonable excuse for them to socialize with their friends and talk about technical things that, to some degree, are unknown and incomprehensible.

So, yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if this boosted their bottom line.

-Adam
Hey look everybody! It's THAT GUY.

*puts arm around steinman, starts walking*

Now look, I know this all seems silly and juvenile, but let the monkeys fling their poop, OK? It's not like they have rich, fulfilling lives that involve appetizer preparation and partying with senior citizens. Just...go read The Economist or something, Smartypants. Yeah, over there. Keep going. Yes, outside. *locks door*

I made it 10 seconds, just past the first "Oh, hi there!" before I had to pause. This oughta be an interesting few minutes.

Hoo-boy. I just watched the bloody abortion, and here's a couple of thoughts:

1. These are not parties I would ever willingly attend, owing to the lack of beer and/or tits. Actually, it's good we didn't see tits here. *shudder*

2. Go to 0:38 in this clip for point #2:

I love PA. They have a comic for everything.

The best days are when I can use the "Found cake" or "placenta sandwich" comics.

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.