Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

This isn't a permanent medication, right? Right? :(
Until I get a certain surgery. And for my insurance to cover that, I have to prove various arbitrary things to them. So probably a year and a half unless we get better insurance or I find a doctor who's really chill about what they write in a letter.

Grocery shopping just now was fun. Pretty much every source of protein has a good deal of potassium, so I'll probably have to let that soak up most of my daily allowance and then cut out even stuff with moderate potassium like mangoes and oranges.

MY FRIDGE IS THE NO FUN ZONE.

On the other hand, I've been abstaining from ice cream to try losing more weight, but since it's one of the things I'm actually allowed to have that's high calorie, I may have to make that sacrifice.

figmentPez

Staff member
Make the stupidity stop!

No, no, no. Just stop it with this shit. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Just zip it.

I totally get my milk in glass bottles delivered to my porch though. And converted my parents to stopping at a dairy for milk. Mostly because it is fresher(it'll last for almost a month in the fridge) and tastes better than milk from the grocery store (probably because it's fresher).

(Yes I know that's not the point :p)

Make the stupidity stop!

No, no, no. Just stop it with this shit. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Just zip it.
Wait, I'm sorry, it the complaint that we need to use less plastic? Or are they saying that we specifically need to drink milk out of glass?

figmentPez

Staff member
Wait, I'm sorry, it the complaint that we need to use less plastic? Or are they saying that we specifically need to drink milk out of glass?
I have no clue. I'm going to presume that they think "using less plastics = better for the environment" and don't realize that they need to account for the fuel used to transport the extra weight of glass bottles.

I have no clue. I'm going to presume that they think "using less plastics = better for the environment" and don't realize that they need to account for the fuel used to transport the extra weight of glass bottles.
Or the energy to produce the new glass bottles since we don't really use them anymore.

I just want to go do laundry...

I mean, I don't actually want to, but I'd like to get it done and over with. Can't start doing anything cause as soon as I do then finally it will be time to go. Instead I'm sitting here listening to her get mad in the other room because her hair isn't going the way she wants it to.

For an hour.

The hair she's doing so we can go do laundry...

Home with the plague that's been going around here lately.
Also it's late May in Central California, and it's raining. Da' fuq?

Home with the plague that's been going around here lately.
I hear you. Someone/s brought that shit to a wedding I went to, and 2 1/2 weeks later I STILL have congestion. I really want to yell at the people at my table who were coughing and sneezing the whole time. DON'T COME TO A WEDDING WHEN YOU'RE SICK, ASSHOLES!!!

....anyway, hugs, soup and rest to you, @Cheesy1.

I hear you. Someone/s brought that shit to a wedding I went to, and 2 1/2 weeks later I STILL have congestion. I really want to yell at the people at my table who were coughing and sneezing the whole time. DON'T COME TO A WEDDING WHEN YOU'RE SICK, ASSHOLES!!!

....anyway, hugs, soup and rest to you, @Cheesy1.
Apparently flu is going around my daughter's school again. It was so bad over the winter that her classes were at 2/3 capacity for a month. We somehow managed to avoid it here, but now it has another chance and I don't like it. I'm glad school ends on Thursday.

I have to go to a multi-day out-of-town meeting next week. (That's not the whine)

I finally found a draft agenda for it. (Partial whine, because this should have been available a while ago.)

The first item of the morning is at 7am. The last is at 9:40pm.
For 3 days. Plus a half day at the beginning, and a half day at the end.

For reference, I usually get up at 8am and am in bed by 9:30pm (Because chronic illnesses suck, and one of my meds is a sedative).

I'm screwed.

And then! Once I get home Sunday afternoon, I get no time to recover and start my week again on Monday morning, even though my "weekend" was taken up with work/meetings.

I'm gonna get so sick! Between the people and the exhaustion... definitely getting sick after I get home. (This is a prediction, not a sure thing... but very likely.)
So today is the day I leave for my multi-day meeting.

I was looking over more of the pre-meeting stuff yesterday, and found out that they can't even be arsed to provide us with tea/coffee. There's a canteen, where you can buy such things, but it won't be provided free of charge.

What kind of church meeting is this if there's no free caffeine?!?!

I am deeply unimpressed.

I was looking over more of the pre-meeting stuff yesterday, and found out that they can't even be arsed to provide us with tea/coffee. There's a canteen, where you can buy such things, but it won't be provided free of charge.

I am deeply unimpressed.
I know that goes against Baptist rules.

Also surprised. Even the smallest of churches usually has someone who made coffee for a meeting. Heck, that's the reason why they kept the bar at my previous church in Wisconsin: so they had somewhere to set up the coffee dispensers.

My local Methodist church (which is my voting location) has an in-church coffee bar. I think it's just something that exists to get people out of bed and awake in church.

I am deeply unimpressed.
Went to the canteen to buy tea this morning, and they don't take plastic!! So I have no tea, and it's terrible.

Went to the canteen to buy tea this morning, and they don't take plastic!! So I have no tea, and it's terrible.
Come to Europe, last time I saw a place that didn't take plastic was many months ago. Even market place stalls and stuff take electronic these days. Heck, I've seen shops where the only paying option was an app. Welcome to the 21st century :p

The only places I see that don't take cards are small, local restaraunts that are popular enough that they can get away with it. It's almost kind of that if they don't take cards it's a sign that you'll get a great meal.

Dear Colorado, Your drivers licenses SUCK. Georgia, yours too, just not in the same way. Sincerely, Me, going blind trying to read the damn things.

This is probably the time when you mention how many people are leaving your particular denomination of Christianity because it makes no sense.

Had In 'N Out Burger for lunch. After having an Abbott and Costello routine with our order, finally parked and sat down to have some lunch. Right after I had one of the somewhat-soggy fries, I felt something crunch in my mouth - and it definitely wasn't french fries.

Guess what happened? (@Terrik probably can already guess, since we talked about it elsewhere...)

Hint: they're called "temporary" crowns for a reason...