Which'ns o' you dun wret a book?

doomdragon6

Staff member
I know of at least two people here who have written a book and had it published. (I can't find them though, so link me please!)

My parents like to collect books by friends or acquaintances (to the point that, yes, forum friends of their son count) that have been autographed by the author.

So, if any of you wrote a book and are willing to send me one with an autograph, I'll buy it from you and give it to my parents as one of their presents for Christmas.

My dad will read anything, but he's particularly interested in the one with the Armadillo detective.

I'm afraid I don't have any copies of my book lying around right now. I need to order more, but since I just ordered my gaming rig, I can't afford to do that until after Christmas. :(

BUT, if you buy that first one through Amazon and he likes it enough to want the next one (coming next year), then I can definitely sign a copy of that when I get one and send it out.

doomdragon6

Staff member
It's a webcomic so you can't sign it. :p

Well, it's a shame not many people have their books on hand. How can you not!? If I wrote a book I'd have 60 at all times and when friends came over I'd shove one into their hands and be like "HERE YOU CAN HAVE THIS, LOOK I'LL SIGN IT FOR YOU"

It's a webcomic so you can't sign it. :p

Well, it's a shame not many people have their books on hand. How can you not!? If I wrote a book I'd have 60 at all times and when friends came over I'd shove one into their hands and be like "HERE YOU CAN HAVE THIS, LOOK I'LL SIGN IT FOR YOU"
I give out signed copies all the time. Heck, I gave one to the guy who sold me my new car yesterday.

I consider these promotional/review copies and a cost of doing business, and as such, I deduct the costs as a business expense on my taxes.

Any time I run low, I pick up a few more, just to make sure I have some on hand. This helps when the sporadic request for a signed book comes my way.

I was collected in this, but apparently it's only available on Kindle now. My interview's in the "Look inside," if you want a free peek. However, I'm sure this isn't even close to what you're looking for. ;)