[Question] Which is the best name?

Which of these names would be best for our new cat?

• Strider

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Cupcake

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Mia

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • None of the above (make a suggestion)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are adopting a cat this week and she is lovely! We're having a hard time deciding on a name. here are the family suggestions. Our son is three and would likely pick Thomas so only me, my husband's and my daughter's choices are here.

We are adopting a cat this week and she is lovely! We're having a hard time deciding on a name. here are the family suggestions. Our son is three and would likely pick Thomas so only me, my husband's and my daughter's choices are here.
Is that your son's name or is that just one of those names he's latched onto and names everything?

I though all the world was in agreement that Max Fightmaster was the best name, because it is, end of story...

So if you really want your cat to have the best name your choice is clear.

Well, if we're going wrestling names, we gotta go obscure: Battle Cat!

Personally, I like to figure out the cat's personality and then come up with a name for it. That's how Diomedes was named. Like the Greek legend, the kitten endlessly attacked and played with everything and anything in sight. Of course, I was also knee-deep in a Classical Epic course at the time and the instructor told an awesome story about Diomedes.

Though I chose Strider, I'd be more inclined to let the cat choose its name between multiple selections. (Use treats and pieces of paper.)

Magical Mister Mistopheles.

Of those suggestions, Strider for a Tom, Cupcake for a female cat (so shoot me, I don't know the proper word).
Y-you do know that cupcakes look like more like
right?
That does explain why I've never been a huge fan of them and people always looked weird at me when I said I thought cupcake hairs always got stuck between my teeth...

My brother had a dog named Dammit once. It did not work out.

The five year old twins next door would call his name for hours on end. He never went over to them either...

When you call your cats, do you like to repeat their name constantly? Like, "Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty!"

If so, Mia is going to sound like "Here, me yummy yummy yummy yummy". Try it.

Strider is hard due to the change between the st and d sounds.

And cupcake has way too many vocal stops.

I think you may need to hit the drawing board again.

When you call your cats, do you like to repeat their name constantly? Like, "Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty!"

If so, Mia is going to sound like "Here, me yummy yummy yummy yummy". Try it.

Strider is hard due to the change between the st and d sounds.

And cupcake has way too many vocal stops.

I think you may need to hit the drawing board again.
Name your cat Nana so it sounds like you're singing the Batman song.[DOUBLEPOST=1343740972][/DOUBLEPOST]According to a post HC made on Facebook like 30 minutes ago, I'm guessing they chose Strider.

Status
Not open for further replies.