Export thread

What series do you want to die?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

For me it's the Mario games. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy em from time to time but I really feel there is no-where else they can go with it. "What if we made Mario...3-D!" "We did, Super Mario 64""....fuck". If Nintendo gave this an ending they could work on making games that were actually original and brought something new to the table. Remember Pikmin? THAT WAS AWESOME!

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Super Mario Galaxy was awesome and innovative. Sorry bout it, Mario's gonna be there for every new video game thing from now until infinity (except online gaming, lol)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

3D Final Fantasy games.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

3D Final Fantasy games.
Seconded.

Also I wouldn't say it needs to end, but Sonic could AT LEAST have a reboot. Anything to get rid of Silver the hedgehog. Worst character ever.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

They did a 2D sequel. Sonic is redeemed.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

They did a 2D sequel. Sonic is redeemed.
Meh, arright.

Metroid? I add the question mark cos I feel the series could go on, but it feels annoyingly repetitive. Begginning of game: Got my power-ups! 5-seconds later: I lost my power-ups! This would be all-right if this only happened once but there have been at least 8 games.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Meh, arright.

Metroid? I add the question mark cos I feel the series could go on, but it feels annoyingly repetitive. Begginning of game: Got my power-ups! 5-seconds later: I lost my power-ups! This would be all-right if this only happened once but there have been at least 8 games.
Welcome to Nintendo?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

HAH! Rock on Quotemander.

Every fighting game with more than 3 sequels. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! ADDING FREDDY KRUGAR DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! When your series has a cross-over with DC-universe, you know your starved for ideas. Not to mention the horrible voice they got for the Joker.

Jay

Jay

Final Craptasy

Honorable mention to : Alone in the Dark

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Final Craptasy

Honorable mention to : Alone in the Dark
Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaah, that was game once wasn't it? Before my time I guess.

Final Fantasy shouls be put on trial for it's crimes. Not just for it's game, but for ALMOST EVERY RPG MADE AFTER BEING EXACTLY LIKE IT ! If I have to see one more Satan-damned angsty hero with a giant sword-I'MA BUSTA NUT!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Call. Of. Duty.

It's had a good run, but enough. Bleh.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yes. Call of Duty. Modern Warfare. Halo etc

ElJuski

ElJuski

switch gears: The Simpsons. It's been ten years since they've put out a decent episode. Every time I try to watch a new one, just to see how it is, can't get through the first act without wanting to murder someone.

Also, it's about high-time The Office called it quits, about one Michael Scott ago.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Yes. Call of Duty. Modern Warfare. Halo etc
Yes, cos that's the only game my friends play. For the love of Satan, ONLINE IS NEVER FUN! They are mean!
switch gears: The Simpsons. It's been ten years since they've put out a decent episode. Every time I try to watch a new one, just to see how it is, can't get through the first act without wanting to murder someone.

Also, it's about high-time The Office called it quits, about one Michael Scott ago.
Office for sure. Ed Helms is best as the funny secondary character, not the funny boss.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Your new name is Chester, Yoshimickster.

Meep

If I have to see one more Satan-damned angsty hero with a giant sword-I'MA BUSTA NUT!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This is what I point to when anyone says The Simpsons isn't good anymore. This part too.

Or to put it more simply, the real reasons people say The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be is...

1.) You grew up and it didn't. It's still the same show, albeit with more exaggerated characterization.

2.) The things it parodied aren't around anymore. Family Sitcoms haven't been popular since Boy Meets World went off the air (with the exception of ones aimed at a Black audience). Oddly enough, this is probably why The Cleveland Show works; the thing it parodies is still on TV.

3.) Cable television and the Internet have divided the Pop Culture experience. Without a unified Pop Culture to reference, it's much harder to write hard hitting comedy because you don't know what your audience is watching. It's a moving target and has made the show much less relatable.

As for what series I want to die? How about the entire genre of realistic FPS games? At the very least, get rid of cover based shooters.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I disagree, while the new season seems to be doing alright for itself, I can always watch a lot of earlier season episodes and still really enjoy them but all you have to do is look at some of the incredible talent they had during their first decade on the air. The last decade or so of seasons were pretty damn dire.

ElJuski

ElJuski

No way is The Simpsons the same show as it used to be. I could think of a million examples, but there's a pretty big consensus on the internet that The Simpsons breaks up into the former and show, and Zombie Simpsons, which has been around 2000 +. If you want some real home-grown, point by point analysis, Dead Homer Society does a fantastic job of how atrocious that series has become.

Covar

Covar

None. If a game series still sells well and has people who enjoy it why should I care if they keep making more of them? I engage in the crazy and controversial practice of not playing games I don't enjoy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

None. If a game series still sells well and has people who enjoy it why should I care if they keep making more of them? I engage in the crazy and controversial practice of not playing games I don't enjoy.
When game companies drop a large amount of development money on a sole franchise or type of game experience, they will not make the kind of game that you want to play, EVER.

Covar

Covar

When game companies drop a large amount of development money on a sole franchise or type of game experience, they will not make the kind of game that you want to play, EVER.
But plenty of people do make the kind of games I want to play.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Every single dating sim series EVER. This is a waste of the digital novel genre.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

....wha? Is the bird talking? This is confusing out of context.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hatoful Boyfriend. You're welcome.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Hatoful Boyfriend. You're welcome.
Wow ....I am not sure what to think about this game. This is out there that's for sure.

Bowielee

Bowielee

HAH! Rock on Quotemander.

Every fighting game with more than 3 sequels. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! ADDING FREDDY KRUGAR DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! When your series has a cross-over with DC-universe, you know your starved for ideas. Not to mention the horrible voice they got for the Joker.
I'd argue that the new Mortal Kombat game is one of the best fighting games to come out in years. Sure MK vs DC was pretty craptastic, but they totally redeemed themselves with the new game. Yes, Freddy is a DLC character, but unlike capcom, they don't make you buy a whole new game even if you don't want the new characters.

Also, it was the first fighting game to have a story mode that's worth playing.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Also, it was the first fighting game to have a story mode that's worth playing.
A-*points up finger trying to argue* no comment. Wait are we talking the new game, or Mortal Kombat in general?

Bowielee

Bowielee

You indicated that the MK series is one that is no longer relevent citing MK vs DC and the inclusion of Freddy, which, yes, the series lost it's way pretty much from MK4 on. However, it has totally redeemed itself with MK9. The inclusion of Freddy was kind of gimmicky, but eh, it's something that's extra anyway.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Meh, arright. Another series I hope to die: any and all dragonball based fighting games. Not so much because of the controls, but because that it's marketing off a twenty year old series THAT HASN'T ANYTHING NEW!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The main platformer Mario games are all pretty solid, if anything Mario Party is the only one that's not been great. Metroid has nothing but good games save for Other M, which was developed by the guys who make Dead Or Alive, so it's not like anyone should have expected much.

Sonic doesn't need to die so much as stop adding all that weird storyline shit (were-hog, knights, etc) with extra fluff characters. Sonic Generations is the first great game in awhile, though I've heard Colors isn't bad.

Final Fantasy needs a reboot, not a cancellation. They need to look at solid titles like the Tales Of games to see how a more modern JRPG can still be outstanding without turning into Final Hallway XIII.

The only series I'd like to see stop for awhile is the wartime FPS stuff. Not so much for the style of game, but for the way they've changed gaming and the culture surrounding it.

Bowielee

Bowielee

The only series I'd like to see stop for awhile is the wartime FPS stuff. Not so much for the style of game, but for the way they've changed gaming and the culture surrounding it.
My thoughts exactly.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Ditto. Call of duty three....uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Zappit

Zappit

Any shooter that takes place during WWII - it doesn't matter the series - that whole genre needs to go down.

ElJuski

ElJuski

*crumples up WWII shooter concept art, throws into the trash*

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Any shooter that takes place during WWII - it doesn't matter the series - that whole genre needs to go down.
What I find creepy is how you can play as the nazis in those games. It's only a matter of time before we hear the "You know while Hitler was evil, you gotta respect that he was a GENIUS military commander." We all know this person. And we are tired of talking to them.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I don't know a person that says Hitler was a genius military commander.

Although I've had a similar conversation about Lee, which, for what is worth, is actually a pretty interesting conversation.

ElJuski

ElJuski

where's my goddamn Civil War FPS? SHOOT *reload reload reload reload reload* SHOOT *get shot*

*amputate arm*

*poop until you die*

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I don't know a person that says Hitler was a genius military commander.

Although I've had a similar conversation about Lee, which, for what is worth, is actually a pretty interesting conversation.
...you have no idea how much I envy your life right now. I have had this conversation with THREE different people. Now Bizmarck, there was a ruler.

where's my goddamn Civil War FPS? SHOOT *reload reload reload reload reload* SHOOT *get shot*

*amputate arm*

*poop until you die*
Oh it definitely exists.It's just friggin terrible from what I've heard.

Bowielee

Bowielee

What I find creepy is how you can play as the nazis in those games. It's only a matter of time before we hear the "You know while Hitler was evil, you gotta respect that he was a GENIUS military commander." We all know this person. And we are tired of talking to them.
Charismatic? yes. Genius? no.

He DID know how to rally people.

ElJuski

ElJuski

that said, it is entirely possible to call a man smart, while acknowledging they are evil. It's only when those people try and revise history by saying they were smart...

see, General Lee, for instance. Principled, smart, man. Fucking racist.

See?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Certainly, Alexander the Great is a good example. He was one of the greatest tacticians in history, but he was also a conquering douchebag.

fade

fade

Resident Evil. It peaked at 2.

ElJuski

ElJuski

No way, 4 was fantastic.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Code Veronica was my favorite of the series...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Code Veronica was my favorite of the series...
I have to agree. Code Veronica X was probably the high point of the "classic" style games.

bhamv3

bhamv3

No way, 4 was fantastic.
Corollary: Other than the PC port.

Still hate it.

Jay

Jay

...the Oscars.

fade

fade

No way, 4 was fantastic.
Four left behind the core story, the frights, and the puzzles. It was okay, but it didn't seem like RE.

Jay

Jay

I agree with Fade.

Ww2KW.jpg

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My favourite Resident Evil was actually 3.

Could never finish Code Veronica, and just didn't care about it after that.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Four left behind the core story, the frights, and the puzzles. It was okay, but it didn't seem like RE.
Doesn't make it any less of a Resident Evil title, but yeah, I get your point.

fade

fade

Not really sure I understand that. I mean, sure, it says RE on the box, and it has Leon in it, so technically, there's nothing I can say that does make it less of an RE title.

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's really a non-issue, don't know where I was going with that, don't really care.

Null

Null

I enjoyed features of RE 3 more than RE 2, but I never finished 3 and have finished 2 with both Leon and Claire. I haven't played Code Veronica though I do have a copy. I barely got past the third room in RE: Director's Cut. I have played the hell out of RE4 and still enjoy playing it. I don't know how to rate it as a "Resident Evil" game, but just as a game experience, I really enjoyed it.

WW2 FPS games have been done to death twice over. Final Fantasy could use a rest. Now, I really enjoyed X and XII - probably my favorite of the series - but I haven't heard great things about XIII, mostly that it's extremely linear and kind of boring, and the MMO installments haven't done too well either. I can't say that first hand, as I don't generally play MMOs.

Now, Final Fantasy Tactics on the other hand... well, I've only played the original. But it's still one of my favorite games. So more of that, yes please.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I thought RE4 was a great experience because they managed to preserve a lot of feel of the original games while making it eminently more playable, while starting a new (though slightly related) storyline.

The storyline may have been a serious departure from the main series, but after CV Umbrella was mostly destroyed and Wesker was underground. In a world where you can make zombie-viruses from an natural organism, it's not remotely strange to discover other kinds of similar organisms. Setting up a new direction for the same characters to take was a good plan. RE5, much as I liked it, was the first one I would say was definitely not really in line with the main series, despite it being nominally closer to the main storyline.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I felt Dead-Rising should have died the moment New-Vegas came out. It felt soooooooooo pointless.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dead Rising.... New Vegas? Huh?

I know you're not talking shit about Fallout... for your sake.

Tress

Tress

I think he was talking about the sequel to Dead Rising. Or he's talking about Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

'Cuz no one would say something bad about Fallout 3 and New Vegas (aside from bugs).

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I think he was talking about the sequel to Dead Rising. Or he's talking about Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

'Cuz no one would say something bad about Fallout 3 and New Vegas (aside from bugs).
A lot of hardcore Fallout fanboys seem to hate Fallout 3 actually. They claim the writing is subpar with the rest of the series, but as far as I can tell they just missed having the NCR in it.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Sorry, I thought the sequel to Dead Rising was called New Vegas, I forgot the name. Fall-out's an okay series from what I've seen.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dead Rising's sequel is called

Brace yourself

Dead Rising 2

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Slow down. Let me write that down.
*gets out pencil and paper*
Okay, can you spell that out for me? D.. E...?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Slow down. Let me write that down.
*gets out pencil and paper*
Okay, can you spell that out for me? D.. E...?
HUH! I thought it was one of those tacky sequels that didn't have a number attached to it. The scary thing is I've PLAYED this game. My memory sucks big time.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

No, the Dead Rising: Off the Record thing was a re-imagining of Dead Rising 2, but with Frank as the lead instead of Chuck. It had an all new area, new survivors to rescue, some new bosses (including Chuck!), and an all new story. You can also have Chuck as your co-op buddy. It's quite a bit sillier and sort of feels like Frank made it all up to sell books.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

No, the Dead Rising: Off the Record thing was a re-imagining of Dead Rising 2, but with Frank as the lead instead of Chuck. It had an all new area, new survivors to rescue, some new bosses (including Chuck!), and an all new story. You can also have Chuck as your co-op buddy. It's quite a bit sillier and sort of feels like Frank made it all up to sell books.
Wait...so was Dead-Rising 2 non-cannon? Cos you said "Off the Record" was a reimagining.I'm confused.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Wait...so was Dead-Rising 2 non-cannon? Cos you said "Off the Record" was a reimagining.I'm confused.
It's a fair bet that Off the Record is non-canon, as it's mostly the same events as Dead Rising 2, but with Frank instead of Chuck as the main character, different people are innocent/guilty, and different people die. The main story goes off the deep end at the end (The boss is someone driving a giant robot in Uranus Zone). Dead Rising may be more silly than serious, but it's not THAT cartoony.

Right now the canon for Dead Rising is...

- Dead Rising (Outbreak in Willamette)
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Outbreak in Las Vegas)
- Dead Rising 2 (Outbreak in Fortune City)
- Dead Rising 2: Case West (Chuck and Frank break into the Phenotrans facility to get evidence of the companies' malfeasance)

Dead Rising 3 has been announced as well. It's about an outbreak in Los Perdidos, California and stars Rick, an auto-mechanic. He's trying to restore a plane to escape before a bomb destroys the ruined city.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Weird. Megaman. This series should have stopped a looooooooooong time ago. I mean come on, ZX? Now your just tryin' to hard.

Necronic

Necronic

Final Fantasy.

I mean...how many sequals can you make to something that's "Final"

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Weird. Megaman. This series should have stopped a looooooooooong time ago. I mean come on, ZX? Now your just tryin' to hard.
Actually, the fans DO want a definite ending for the original and X series, if only because it would put an end to the timeline and story speculation. The Zero series ended fine and leads into ZX. ZX clearly leads into Legends. But what we don't know is what happened to the original Megaman (we know that both Dr. Light and Wily died, but lived on as AI) and we haven't seen the end of the Maverick War.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Final Fantasy.

I mean...how many sequals can you make to something that's "Final"
The whole name is just some in-joke that stopped being funny years ago. Now its just an ironic name that every web-comic has made fun of.

Now, with Megaman X Light destroyed all original forms of Megman before hand right? So...did Light kill the original Megaman?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

It was called Final Fantasy because Squaresoft was about to go under and the creators assumed the NES title was the last they'd make. Instead it became a huge success and they just kept using the title.

Also don't hold your breath on a new Mega Man. Capcom seems more content to troll the shit out of people instead of giving them a new title.

"Help us make Mega Man Legends!"
"Okay! Here's a shitload of input!"
"Fuck you that's not enough! CANCELLED"

"Fine you want Mega Man? HERE'S MEGA MAN"
(spoilers for a fighting game, if that matters)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Every single dating sim series EVER. This is a waste of the digital novel genre.
Katawa Shoujo was here, and wants you to shut your whore mouth.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

It was called Final Fantasy because Squaresoft was about to go under and the creators assumed the NES title was the last they'd make. Instead it became a huge success and they just kept using the title.
Indeed! Kinda like how DragonQuest still uses the name DragonQuest even though the quests in said games doesn't necessarily pertain to dragons.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Katawa Shoujo was here, and wants you to shut your whore mouth.
dude. dude. dude. dude. dude. dude. dude.

play katawa crash

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

dude. dude. dude. dude. dude. dude. dude.

play katawa crash
.... You ASS

bhamv3

bhamv3

A lot of hardcore Fallout fanboys seem to hate Fallout 3 actually. They claim the writing is subpar with the rest of the series, but as far as I can tell they just missed having the NCR in it.
I remember one old-school Fallout fan say Fallout 3 is more of an Elder Scrolls game, while New Vegas is more of a Fallout game.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I remember one old-school Fallout fan say Fallout 3 is more of an Elder Scrolls game, while New Vegas is more of a Fallout game.
Played through both, they feel pretty much exactly the same to me.
Never played through an Elder Scrolls game though. Tried Oblivion and did not enjoy it one bit.

fade

fade

Huh. I played Fallout 1 and loved it way back in like 98. Never played 2, but I thought 3 was awesome. In fact, at first, I thought it was just a remake of 1!

fade

fade

Yeah, in the 1st 10 minutes, with vague rememberences of a game that I played a decade earlier. I remember being rolling a vault-dweller who had to go out of the vault for some reason. A) Remakes don't have to be identical, and B) That'd be why "at first" was in there.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I never liked the first two Fallout games. Wasn't until 3 that I began to enjoy the series.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I never played the first two myself, but I've played through Fallout 3 and ever DLC for it, and freaking love that game. Played through New Vegas as well and loved it too, but haven't gotten through the DLC yet. Still on Dead Money.
So I can't speak for how similar or dissimilar to the original Fallout games it is, but I see Fallout fanyboys decrying Fallout 3 while slavering over New Vegas and I just don't get it.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, I think in a thread like this FF should just be an assumed.

Frank

Frank

Fallout 1 and 2 are fantastic, but you can't go back. They are products of their time and they will remain two of my favorite games of all time.

Hell, I went by Frank Horrigan on the internet for years.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I'd like to say Spyro the dragon, but I'm not sure if that counts since Spyro died a horrible death years ago. And was brought back to life in a horrible new form.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

What you talking about? Skylanders has been getting decent reviews and the toys are flying off the shelves.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

What you talking about? Skylanders has been getting decent reviews and the toys are flying off the shelves.
Because that's not a Spyro game. They just tacked Spryo on just for nostalgia factor. I ain't sayin' it's a bad game (albeit expensive) but I ain't buyin' it. Plus the fact that you "Don't need to play as Spyro" proves my point a smidge. They just added em in, because he was a famous name to begin wit. The first remake at least had some of the characters from the original series, this one doesn't have ANY of previous Spyro lore.

Seriously how much is a single toy, like 15 bones? That's basically a memory card.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I didn't realize Spyro was ever that popular.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I didn't realize Spyro was ever that popular.
What are you kiddin'? This was one of the most iconic Sony Platformer games out there! This was considered along with Crash Bandicoot to be Sony's mascot! And then Insomniac sold the license because Ted Price felt: "As a character, Spyro is kind of limited. Seeing as how he doesn't have hands, he can't do most things like hold a gun." THIS IS WHY THE RATCHET AND CLANK SERIES WAS MADE! Which ain't a bad series, but I'm still pissed at Ted.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

What are you kiddin'? This was one of the most iconic Sony Platformer games out there! This was considered along with Crash Bandicoot to be Sony's mascot! And then Insomniac sold the license because Ted Price felt: "As a character, Spyro is kind of limited. Seeing as how he doesn't have hands, he can't do most things like hold a gun." THIS IS WHY THE RATCHET AND CLANK SERIES WAS MADE! Which ain't a bad series, but I'm still pissed at Ted.
I remember they made a big deal out of him at first, trying to make him another mascot alongside Crash Bandicoot, but I don't remember it ever catching on. Hell, I only know one person other than myself who has played any of the Spyro games, and I only played the first one.

I seriously thought he was just another failed attempt at marketing a mascot, like.... I don't know, Gex, or, VectorMan. OH! Or Tiny Tank (FUUUUUUUUUCK that game had the hardest boss battle ever)

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

He was most definitely NOT a failed mascot...just forgotten. Insomniac didn't know what they had so they sold it to Vivendi(formerly Universal Interactive) where they made shitty sequel after shitty sequel. Spyro Enter the Dragon Fly was one of the WORST sequels I've ever played. Most of the power ups were only useful in one level, and there was ONE only ONE boss-fight. And I'm not talking about Super Marios bros, now Bowser had different attack patterns in each level, this was ONLY one fight. And what sucks is that two other former bossess appeared in the game BUT THEY NEVER DID ANY-THING!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Huh, just looked him up on Wikipedia. I didn't know there was so many Spyro games, either.
I remember the first two, and then the next one I heard about (Also the last one I heard about) was Enter the Dragon Fly, the one you just mentioned.

I don't know how to explain it, I just didn't know.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Huh, just looked him up on Wikipedia. I didn't know there was so many Spyro games, either.
I remember the first two, and then the next one I heard about (Also the last one I heard about) was Enter the Dragon Fly, the one you just mentioned.

I don't know how to explain it, I just didn't know.
Sallright, not every series is for everyone. The first 3 Spyro games are like the Star Wars films. Silly, but great and incredibly memorable. And everything else was the equivialent of the prequel films. Messes with established cannon, doesn't hold up to the originals, all around BAD. I heard the remakes were at least okay but still.

fade

fade

I seriously thought he was just another failed attempt at marketing a mascot, like.... I don't know, Gex, or, VectorMan. OH! Or Tiny Tank (FUUUUUUUUUCK that game had the hardest boss battle ever)
Bonk

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Bubsy the Bobcat. I am glad that series died painfully. I can't believe that had a cartoon based on it.
to

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The only thing I remember about Spyro is that the first game's music gave me a serious migraine.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Heh, yeah I can see that. I loved it though. Felt weird and mysterious at times.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'd say Bonk succeeded as a mascott, it's just that the Turbo Grafix 16 failed as a console.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Talkin' failed game series, talk about Rayman....Raving Rabbid(see what I did there). I was so glad when this stupid series was over. They were so FREAKING annoying. They wer also a playable character in the Ninja Turtles brawl game. Whoever thought that was a good idea was out of their damn mind.

General Specific

General Specific

Left 4 Dead

:troll:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Since it's a Valve game with two installments, it's already dead.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Basically. Though we're getting the full official release of Cold Stream soon and then they'll be picking the next mod campaign to make official.

Left 4 Dead 3 probably won't happen until after DotA has been out for a bit.

Covar

Covar

Every game series I don't play and enjoy.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Every game series I don't play and enjoy.
....well we might as well stop here. This is the ultimate "What series do you want to die post." It was a good run.

But seriously, Angry Birds. Mostly out of my INSANE jealousy that someone programmed a game so freaking simple and yet it's a damn cultural phenomena. The movie had a freakin' tie-in with Rio for cryin out loud! The original game wasn't that clever any-way, I remember plenty of games just like it as a kid.