Export thread

What do dragon riders wear?

strawman

strawman

So if I go crazy, and actually make something like this for Halloween:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:14151

What would I wear with it?

There's lots of dragon-lore in thousands of stories and tales, so I imagine there's a lot of different takes on dragon riders or keepers that I'm not aware of. Brainstorm!

Alternately, perhaps I am the dragons pet? If so, what would the dragon have me wear?

Lastly, what kind of personality do you imagine dragons having? If things go really easily with the dragon and costume, I'd spend some time making it animatronic.

Gusto

Gusto

There are no dragons.

It is known.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Depends on what sort of Dragon you mean, also. SO much variety. The Pern dragon riders were sort of like fighter pilots, for instance. They are probably the first ones that come to mind for most folks, but there are dozens of varieties.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Acid/Fire/Cold-proof armor against draconic counter-attacks. As for material and style, I think a dragon rider's image demands scale armor.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Part of the reason I mention Pern is that Vogal looks like he (at shoulder-size) could easily play the part of a fire lizard rather than having to be scaled up to something full-size. However, there are plenty of people out there with dragon (or dragon-like) familiars. My personal favorite would be Philip Lynx ("Flinx" [warning: spoilers]) and his faithful minidrag Pip, but if the dragon will be riding you, then you could always make it into a "Mini-Me" version of Toothless, Saphira (or Shruikan if you prefer), or even Draco, with you dressed as Hiccup, Eragon (or Brom), or Bowen to go with.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

It's a shame you're male, otherwise you could make the dragon Lockheed and go as Kitty Pride. Or just go as Kitty Pride anyway, no judgment.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's a shame you're male, otherwise you could make the dragon Lockheed and go as Kitty Pride.
Or you could go as Kit Pride with a little P-38 on your shoulder and see if anyone gets it.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gold plate with a white tabard.

bhamv3

bhamv3

One word:

Dovahkiin.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I can't believe Kitiara did not get any Dragonlance lovin'.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Blue overalls, red cap, red shirt, shite gloves and brown shoes.

Yup, had to be me.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I am a dragon rider?!
Raccoon Mario Cheesy.png

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Racoon Mario can ride a Yoshi right? If so then yes.

Gusto

Gusto

You n' me, Cheesy.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

How come wrenches aren't weapons Mario can Luigi can use in those games? That would be the coolest thing EVER.

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

No Temeraire and Laurence! For Shame!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Kitiara uth Matar... one of the BEST reasons to roll Lawful Evil...