What are you playing?

I "think" it's more like the strategy based Persona games (I.E. Before Persona 3), but I never played those so I can't be sure. It's actually part of the Persona series in Japan, oddly enough. In any case, here's a video.

Woah, wait. It's "Persona" with a Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay (sorta) ???
Apparently. I know it has multiple endings too, depending on which characters you have and which you save during the game. It looks good, but I don't have the cash for it right now.

Question is, is it a remake of pt1 or is it like part 6 of a series?
Let me make this clear: Even though it shares the Persona titling scheme in Japan, it is NOT part of the Persona series as you know it. It only shares that title because Persona is more popular in Japan and they wanted to sell more copies. It's a stand alone story, which is why they switched to the Shin Megami titling scheme for the US. It actually has more to do with the old Shin Megami games.

J

JCM

Its already a sequel from a GBA game.
Question is, is it a remake of pt1 or is it like part 6 of a series?
Let me make this clear: Even though it shares the Persona titling scheme in Japan, it is NOT part of the Persona series as you know it. It only shares that title because Persona is more popular in Japan and they wanted to sell more copies. It's a stand alone story, which is why they switched to the Shin Megami titling scheme for the US. It actually has more to do with the old Shin Megami games.[/QUOTE]The Shin Megami Tensei is ala Final Fantasy, more than just the core game.

The Shin Megami Tensei was a NES game that had a sequel.
Then they made Shin Megami Tensei for the SNES which ended with III: Notrune for the PS2, and will continue with the DS as Strange Journey.
Persona was an off-shoot, which had less RPGing and more adventuring/dating sim.
Devil Survivor started off as the Devil Children.
Woah, wait. It's "Persona" with a Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay (sorta) ???
The battlegrounds work like FFtactics, but when a character fights, it becomes ala DragonQuest, you see the monters in first person, and you fight him with that character and 2 monsters.

Theres also the usual mixing of demons to get stronger demons, and it plays out like an adventure story that every answer and decision influences who you will have in your party, demons accessible to you, and the ending paths.

Its kinda nice, as Shin Megami is pure Jap RPG like Dragonquest. Devil Survivor is like an adventure story with FFTactics. Persona is more like a high school simulator (+ Demons) with a great RPG engine.

So, I finished Assassin's Creed 2. Ran around Italy and found all the feathers, even got all the achievements.

So, I went back for another run through Dragon Age. I went to Orzammar fairly early this time hoping to get Oghren in my group quickly. However, I wanted to see what would happen if I tried t ocomplete both sides of the King quest there. The answer is that both sides found out what I was doing before I had even completed the first steps for either side and now both will not talk to me anymore and I can't progress that quest. Which means I can't complete Orzammar at all and I have to start a new character. I had saved before doing that, but it seems in my haste to get battles done and such, I had accidentally saved over that spot. I've been to the official forums and seen a number of people complaining about the same thing, so hopefully Bioware will add a little end-around fix for that somehow. Thankfully, I haven't been playing that character very long and so I'm not really losing much work starting over.

O

Olorin

I recently finished Klonoa, which was a good little Kirby-esqe platformer. A bit too short in my opinion, but it's a cheap game, so that evens out.

Yesterday I downloaded Tomena Sanner, a crazy little Wiiware game where you play a Japanese businessman who's running all over the place, performing sleek dance moves, kicking anthropomorphic giraffes in the face and riding dinosaurs. Lots of fun for only 500 points, and it includes offline multiplayer and online leaderboards.

Right now, I'm trying to get into de Blob, but it's not quite doing it for me yet.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy...

Good gods, Chaos is such a cheap bitch! I've been treating this as a fighting game through most of it, and spent over an hour trying to beat him solely on skill, but it just wasn't happening. I only got to phase 3 ONCE, although eventually I was doing better juggling him and such through phase 1. Some of his attacks seem completely undodgable.

Eventually I had to admit I was not going to beat him as-is, and had to go... level up my character. I shouldn't have to do this in a fighting game, Final Fantasy or not. It's degrading.

And my thumbs hurt. I've been playing PC games for so many years that they've lost the edge they once had from hours and hours on the Playstation.

Something I find odd about Dissidia and the Final Fantasy universe in general is how 99% of the "Good Guy Main Characters" are melee and 99% of the "Bad Guy Main Villains" are magic users. :bush:

Y

YAOMTC

Something I find odd about Dissidia and the Final Fantasy universe in general is how 99% of the \"Good Guy Main Characters\" are melee and 99% of the \"Bad Guy Main Villains\" are magic users. :bush:
Come to think of it, that seems to be true in a lot of games... Link is primarily melee, Ganondorf mainly uses magic. Crono is melee, and Magus (your main enemy through much of the game) mostly uses magic. Ness uses a bat mostly (at least when he wants to conserve PP) and you cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack.

As for me, I'm currrently playing Torchlight, Metal Gear Solid 2, Animal Crossing, and Mr. Robot, a fun platformer/RPG/puzzle game where you play as a robot and try to save the cryo-sleeping humans aboard a large spacecraft.

Z

Zumbo Prime

I'm playing Mass Effect again. Need to get some game data on my new hard drive before ME2 comes out.

J

JCM

Good gods, Chaos is such a cheap bitch! I've been treating this as a fighting game through most of it, and spent over an hour trying to beat him solely on skill, but it just wasn't happening. I only got to phase 3 ONCE, although eventually I was doing better juggling him and such through phase 1. Some of his attacks seem completely undodgable.

Eventually I had to admit I was not going to beat him as-is, and had to go... level up my character. I shouldn't have to do this in a fighting game, Final Fantasy or not. It's degrading.

And my thumbs hurt. I've been playing PC games for so many years that they've lost the edge they once had from hours and hours on the Playstation.
Its the reason why I dropped Dissidia.

Its just a Jap RPG system with a fighting game exterior, whoch means to beat the boss, you'll have to level grind, in this case, finish the character's solo levels more than once.

After going through Squall's and Cloud's levels thrice, getting 100% n each, I was still caught in some of his cheap unblockable attacks and died, so its back to Soul Calibur and Tekken.

EDIT:How the $%$#@ hell did Guitar Hero: Van Halen ever get made?
1)What are these shitty emo/pop rock bands doing in a Van Halen game?

2)Why cant they get a career mode that tells the story of the band ala GH:Aerosmith, GH:Metallica or RB:Beatles?

3)Why the hell should one start with Halen's kid at bass, when for three decades they've had Michael Anthony, and why cant the game start with classic Halen?

4)Half their stuff is missing (not forgetting the fact that Haggar-Halen hit number 1 several times, Lee-Halen never accomplished that, why cant I fucking play "Human Beings"?)

Its the reason why I dropped Dissidia.

Its just a Jap RPG system with a fighting game exterior, whoch means to beat the boss, you'll have to level grind, in this case, finish the character's solo levels more than once.

After going through Squall's and Cloud's levels thrice, getting 100% n each, I was still caught in some of his cheap unblockable attacks and died, so its back to Soul Calibur and Tekken.
[/QUOTE]

I don't wanna drop it because it is a fun game, but that's honestly why Chaos is pissing me off so much. Not only is he preventing me from unlocking new modes, he's making the game not fun. Every other battle I've had a problem with, I've been able to deal with as a matter of skill. They were extremely challenging, but I knew I was fucking up and could do it. Sephiroth took a long time and many retries to beat in Shade Impulse, but I still did it and I never thought he was being cheap. The game was still fun.

Chaos is just a cheating bitch. I'm lucky I'm doing it as Zidane so I can be a cheap aerial mother fucker in return, but that Divine Punishment is bullshit. Even the game itself admits it! Selphie says "Oh, well, there's no way to avoid this, and you're done for. So just try to beat him before he does it." Except he spams that shit.

Eventually I'll get him and the game can become fun again (actually, even level-grinding is more fun than fighting him)... It's just fucking frustrating.

Edit: I GOT THE MOTHER FUCKER! YEAH!

He even did that cheap turning giant and throwing the giant energy swords at the battlefield bullshit, and my Phoenix Down saved me. Broke his brave, Meteo Twister, ZAP!

At what point did fighting game people decide that the final boss should be cheap to the point of being completely unfun?

Having to beat fucking Seth over and over and over and over in order to unlock characters in SF4 comes to mind. Beating him with Dhalsim (my weakest character and as I learned a feat the cost me a controller) was the single most tedious experience of my life. That shit isn't fun. I don't want to play single player 1100 times in order to get all the fucking characters so my friends and I can have a good time with it.

Reinstalled Morrowind for a bout of nostalgia.

It still amazes me how this game can look so good (given, with the help of a bunch of mods) after 7 years.

Cajungal

Staff member
I played non-demo L4D2 last night for the very first time. I'm so bad at it; Jake had to get on too so I'd quit dying all the time.

Playing a playthrough of Mass Effect for the carry over to 2. PC version.

GARRUS' fucking head is still low res. It drives me nuts. Every other God damn Turian has amazing high res textures for their faces except Garrus who likes like mud. Fuck.

Reinstalled Morrowind for a bout of nostalgia.

It still amazes me how this game can look so good (given, with the help of a bunch of mods) after 7 years.
oooh, which mods?[/QUOTE]

Morrowind Code Patch Version 1.6
All of Connary's TexturePacks
Morrowind Patch 1.6.4
SWG's Skies v3 (also download and install the fix)
Vurt's Hi-res Skies and Weathers
Bloodmoon Female Armor Fix
Better Bodies v2.2
Slof's Better Beasts
Slof's Better Beasts Arm Fix
Better Heads v2
Better Clothes v1.1
Better Clothes Patch
Darknut's Better Clothes Textures Version 1
Canadian Ice's Robe Replacer Using NioLiv's Mesh
Better Daedric Armour
Ebony Armour Fixes
Azura Replacer - Replaces Azura Mesh to match Better Bodies
Psymon's Vivec God Replacer Creature Edition " Vivec Mesh " " " "
Almalexia Replacer II " Almalexia Mesh " " " "
Golden Saint Replacer " Golden Saint Mesh " " " "
Better Books
Bottle Replacer
Flask Replacer
Misc Items Replacer
Soul Gem Replacer Retex
Silverwear Enhancer
Sharpened Models Weapons Replacer

Optionally you can get Morrowind Graphics Extender, but even with just this it looks awesome.

Man, this game is neat. I'm killin all these Boomers and Witches and such... like hotcakes.
Just try it on Expert. Then you will grow to hate the game as much as we do...[/QUOTE]

That's not the game's fault; that's the players.

L4D2 is also harder than original L4D. I could rock Expert on L4D.[/QUOTE]

I never actually got a chance to do Expert stuff in L4D as I only got the game like a month before L4D2 came out. All I know is that Expert is crazy hard in L4D2 and that's it's nigh impossible to do without people you play a lot with.

FUCK YOU GTA 4 MISSIONS THAT I FORGET HOW TO PLAY

FUCK YOU GARRUS' MUD FACE

FUCK YOU SCHOOL I WANNA PLAY MORE VIDJA GAAAAAAAAAAMES