What are you playing?

The joy of a big explosives weapon isn't noticeable till you fire into a huge group of targets.... watching the resulting limps flying and xp chunks are just oh so satsifying. I do however, use melee weapons in enclosed areas like Vaults and Hideouts.

The joy of a big explosives weapon isn't noticeable till you fire into a huge group of targets.... watching the resulting limps flying and xp chunks are just oh so satsifying. I do however, use melee weapons in enclosed areas like Vaults and Hideouts.
I did an all Melee run and while it's fun, once you throw in Deathclaws it REALLY starts to suck. Yes, I can two shot Deathclaws using Knock-Knock (Oh, Baby! obscures too much of the screen) but they can do it to me as well. I DO NOT want to go through the Lonesome Road with that character...

I've been enjoying the hell out of Portal 2.

Every single line in here is so deliciously quotable. I love everything about this game.

Though the new gels made me feel stupid at times. More than once I kept trying to portal fling myself to a higher place, when it turned out there was a convenient patch of bouncy gel for me to use.

I spent so much time in Portal 2 using portals to redirect lasers, various gels, funnels, hard-light bridges, and cubes, that I would often find myself at a standstill in a puzzle because I would forget that I could ALSO go through portals.

I just tried the new Ace Combat demo. Always loved the series. The demo was pretty fun. I'm a little unsold on the simplified flight controls. It's not like the series was more than arcadey to begin with. The helicopter piloting was pretty good, not great, still prefer dogfighting in planes. The change from a made-up psuedo-Earth to real world scenarios is kind of a bummer. The otherworldly elements of the some of the older games allowed for fun outlandish stuff like the Stonehenge super weapon and the like.

It seemed ok.

Finaly a Ace Combat player.First person I know that plays that game.
Im dissapointed too,in the changes.I always liked those fake,over the top, underdog versus Nazi-Germanyesque nation conflicts that just got reduiculous at the end. "It's Mobious One! It's the Grim Reaper! RUN!" still one of my favorite quotes from AC.

C

Chibibar

Right now I am not playing much of anything except a few FB games (even not much at that)

So much work to do at work and home :(

Finaly a Ace Combat player.First person I know that plays that game.
Im dissapointed too,in the changes.I always liked those fake,over the top, underdog versus Nazi-Germanyesque nation conflicts that just got reduiculous at the end. "It's Mobious One! It's the Grim Reaper! RUN!" still one of my favorite quotes from AC.
Dude, I even bought the ridiculous Ace Combat controller pack for 360....before my 360 broke. It makes a decent flight stick except that it lacks twist action so it's useless for the Mechwarrior games.

This title is supposed to be a spin-off, not part of the main series. Then again, the last game of the main series was on the PSP so that's still stupid.

Gave New Vegas a try. First time playing: "Yeah, it's enjoyable, but I'm not really getting into it.... holy shit, is it 0500?!"

Second time playing it: "Okay, so, I keep heading to Vegas... hm... a kill team. Well, the Talon Mercs in 3 were a joke, so... HOLY FUCK! The Legion rolls DEEP! (several attempts later) NOW I know why I kept all those guns..."

I traded in my old PS2, some old games that I don't play any more, and I picked up a used copy... next up? Getting enough Live points to play the DLC...

Gave New Vegas a try. First time playing: "Yeah, it's enjoyable, but I'm not really getting into it.... holy shit, is it 0500?!"

Second time playing it: "Okay, so, I keep heading to Vegas... hm... a kill team. Well, the Talon Mercs in 3 were a joke, so... HOLY FUCK! The Legion rolls DEEP! (several attempts later) NOW I know why I kept all those guns..."

I traded in my old PS2, some old games that I don't play any more, and I picked up a used copy... next up? Getting enough Live points to play the DLC...
They had half the DLC on sale last week... half off. But yeah, you need about $45 for all the DLC, which is a lot. If you haven't already, I'd get the Courier's Catch for restarting your game. It's cheap and gives you a LOT of stuff to use in the early game. Gun Runner's has about half the unique weapons in the game, as well the normal versions of some of the special weapons (so you can buy Garands and .223 pistols now).

As for the hit squads... at least the NCR ones warn you that they'll be coming for you and that you can actually do something to stop them. This is probably because NCR hit squads usually have guys with miniguns, salvaged power armor, and occasionally brush guns and Anti-Material rifles. Legion hitsquads usually just have uber machetes and auto-rifles.

I had one charge me with what turned out to be a Thermic Lance.... which would have been awesome, but I was already WELL past weight limits...

and I'm on VERY good terms with the NCR... because, you know... Good Guy Tool(tm), here. *grins*
Added at: 20:00
Also, it occurs to me that if I'm going to enjoy the DLC, I'm going to need a larger hard drive... I only got the low-end one because DLC was never something for me to get... now, between Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age, and the Fallouts, I'm tapped out... which means I'll need one of those jobbies for transferring the files between drives, too. *headwheel*

Playing Star Trek Online. It's not particularly deep or satisfying, but explosions so it occupies some of my brainspace.

Is it FTP yet?
Not yet, but it's only a matter of time. Here's a video that shows how much they've changed some of the missions...

Basically the early game is much more refined, though missions across the entire level ranges have been tweaked with cutscenes and added content. They also changed the way you use your phasers: it now goes into a third person aiming mode. Area of effect weapons don't suck anymore and there are additional weapons for hand to hand combat.

It's almost an entirely different experience now.

I was playing Heavy Rain when I got home from work tonight. It's some pretty hardcore stuff. It has some actually very tense sequences in it.

figmentPez

Staff member
I spent more than 4 hours today playing Titan Quest. I've already played through the campaign three times (2 Normal runs and one Epic, now I'm playing Legendary). It just sucks me in. Barely more thought than solitare, but it sucks me in. I've got to see if I can run windowed mode and watch videos at the same time.

Playing Orcs Must Die.... first got the demo... got PISSED that I couldn't remap my controls... apparently they had a mini patch to fix this (you edit a user.cfg file, bullshit that i have to do this) but after this has been done... addicting and fun game. :)

It's a bit like tower defence but you're in the action and the one liners? Amazing. They even got Charlie Sheen's "Winning". Fun stuff. :)

Around LVL 15-16 it gets very hard on the first game-through. You can set it on "apprentice" so that you can unlock all the extra things and go back to finish it all on war mage difficulty.

Played the demo of Limbo this weekend. Not sure if I'll pick it up. I like the mood and style for sure, but from the demo at least, it felt like a dark version of Super Mario Brothers with better deaths.

fade

Staff member
I bought Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion yesterday. I bought Morrowind for the PC back in 2003 or so, and I didn't much care for it. I thought was boring, and I disliked the lack of direction. But since I loved Fallout 3, I thought I'd give it another try. I'm not convinced yet. I did like the way it suggested a class, and it was eerily accurate, suggesting an Agent for me (I enjoy sneaking around and sniping). My biggest complaint so far is the brightness. I've jacked up the TV and the in-game controls, but that just seems to white things out. I guess it's intentional, but it makes sneaking around very hard. I just finished the tutorial, so I will update as I proceed.

Seeing in the dark is intentional hard in Oblivion. I suggest investing in a Night Eye spell/enchanted item, as that will give you a bluish tinted night vision that won't reveal your location. Alternatively, try a Life Detection spell/item, so you know where things that want to kill you are.

Night Eye should be Illusion school of magic. Life Detection should be Mysticism. If you want to enchant your own items, you need ether the Wizard's Tower DLC or to complete the Mage's Guild quests enough to gain entrance into the restricted Mage's Guild area in the main city.