[Question] Weird Youtube glitch

So a lot of the time I'm watching youtube lately not long after the video has started playing the picture will suddenly freeze & the audio will replay the last few seconds of sound until it catches back up to where the picture has frozen before playing the rest of the video as if nothing had happened.

Anyone else getting this/ know what's causing it?

You know where I see it? On PBS when I'm watching older episodes of Downton Abbey or Sherlock. I expect it's a flash buffering issue. I haven't tried different browsers, or seeing what version of flash I have, but it's annoying enough on the PBS website that I'm reluctant to watch the shows there.

It's pretty recent, though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Anyone else getting this/ know what's causing it?
Best I can tell it's a new glitch when the player is trying to switch resolutions.

I could go on a long rant about the stupidity that is the Youtube player, but in short:
- Give me per computer controls over resolution preferences. (I always want to play 1080p on my desktop, but my netbook can't handle more than 480p.)
- The "auto" resolution setting is dumber than a brick.
- I'd prefer buffering and then starting at full resolution over a blurry start that might upgrade later, if it feels like it. Seriously, Youtube, if I told you to switch to HD, then don't keep streaming the low res version, to the point of buffering even more low res.

Also, I've been unable to add videos to my Watch Later list from embedded video, I have to actually go to Youtube in order for the button to work.

Can I add that it never remembers to keep annotations and captions turned the fuck off?[DOUBLEPOST=1391205660,1391205357][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay so now I'm in the settings of YouTube and I realise that setting, along with many others, is gone.

That happens when it renders into a new resolution. The same thing happens to me all the time, because I can't seem to get it to stay at the resolution I want it at, it always defaults to something else.

And I'm with Chad. "You know what youtube videos need? More popups!" Said no one, ever.