Export thread

Webcomics you wish were still alive and well.

phil

phil

I'll start with Gone with the Blastwaves. This comic is so dead and gone that the domain name isn't even there anymore. It was brilliantly funny and beautiful artwork. Sadly it seem that this is the only piece of work I have from the creator saved to my computer. It would have been worth saving it all.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Life of Riley:

Jone how I miss thee...... }:)

Shawn

Shawn

Ugly Hill.

YAOMTC

KittyBot.

At least the comic is still there. It's just not been updated for over a year. I think Claire might be done with it though the story was never finished. :(

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll second Ugly Hill.

Also, Narbonic.

Shazam

Bob and George.

I'm a slight Mega Man fanboy, but I loved that comic.

redapples

phil said:
I'll start with Gone with the Blastwaves. This comic is so dead and gone that the domain name isn't even there anymore. It was brilliantly funny and beautiful artwork. Sadly it seem that this is the only piece of work I have from the creator saved to my computer. It would have been worth saving it all.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... /blastwave oddly the first page archive brings up page 6 but it will go back to 1.

Philosopher B.

If I had the magical power to ressurect a single webcomic, it'd be Hellbound, an on-going big page dealio. One of the most awesome webcomics I ever effin' read. Fulla crazy-bitch demons and sheee-it, whimsical as all get-out ... almost had a Douglas Adams-ish feel at times. Least that's how I remember it. It's been offline for years now ... no archive, no nothin'. I never saved any of the pages so I can't even re-read what did exist. :waah:

YAOMTC

Philosopher B. said:
If I had the magical power to ressurect a single webcomic, it'd be Hellbound, an on-going big page dealio. One of the most awesome webcomics I ever effin' read. Fulla crazy-* demons and sheee-it, whimsical as all get-out ... almost had a Douglas Adams-ish feel at times. Least that's how I remember it. It's been offline for years now ... no archive, no nothin'. I never saved any of the pages so I can't even re-read what did exist. :waah:
I think I found it.

http://loneverse.com/hellbound/

Found it linked to here:
http://www.escobar.id.au/comics/hellbound/

Which I found in a comment here:
http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/827/hellbound

Dork Tower. The updates started becoming more and more sporatic, so I stopped visiting. I don't think it's even published, anymore.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dork Tower still updates, and is still pubished as well. Updates have been relatively good the past few months now.

DougTheHead

Bubble181 said:
I'll second Ugly Hill.

Also, Narbonic.
Narbonic was awesome, but a big part of that awesomeness was that it was a pre-planned, self-contained story with a definite ending point. And Shaenon Garrity's now doing Skin Horse, which is pretty awesome itself, and has a lot of that Narbonic flavor.

But I third Ugly Hill. I was looking forward to at least a few more years of that when Paul Southworth announced it was ending. Hopefully he comes out with his next project soon.

-- 17 Aug 2009 00:42 --

Oh, and it's not a webcomic, but Calvin and Hobbes! A million times Calvin and Hobbes!

Philosopher B.

YAOMTC said:
Philosopher B. said:
If I had the magical power to ressurect a single webcomic, it'd be Hellbound, an on-going big page dealio. One of the most awesome webcomics I ever effin' read. Fulla crazy-* demons and sheee-it, whimsical as all get-out ... almost had a Douglas Adams-ish feel at times. Least that's how I remember it. It's been offline for years now ... no archive, no nothin'. I never saved any of the pages so I can't even re-read what did exist. :waah:
I think I found it.

http://loneverse.com/hellbound/

Found it linked to here:
http://www.escobar.id.au/comics/hellbound/

Which I found in a comment here:
http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/827/hellbound
Holy crap! Thank you thank you thank you! :heart:

Also, it's a weird coincidence, but it's apparently being hosted by a dude I used to hang out with in several stop-motion animation forums. :bush:

*Goes to re-read and save*

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

i miss kid radd. and ugly hill. and minus. and 'a lesson is learned but the damage is irreversible'. and perry bible fellowship.

and add another for calvin and hobbes. :(

PatrThom

PatrThom

-Simulated Comic Product (on hiatus)
-The Adventures of Upgrade and Beatnik Baby (not updated in ages, questionable host)
-Crap I Drew on my Lunch Break (Jin's been having crises of late)
-Third Wish (Interesting storyline, but long gone)
-Polymer City Chronicles (RL gets in the way yet again)

Anything else has been gone for too long for me to keep at the forefront of my brain.

--Patrick

Shannow

Shannow

phil said:
yeah, I loved the comic. Sorry to see it go as it got more and more infrequent.

Shegokigo said:
Life of Riley:

Jone how I miss thee...... }:)
I rememebr being apart of clanbob way back in the day :(

Bubble181

Bubble181

PatrThom said:
-Crap I Drew on my Lunch Break (Jin's been having crises of late)

--Patrick

Jion Wicked now makes A dollar late and a day short. Not that it updates much more, but hey.

Wasabi Poptart

Life of Riley and Avalon High

Hylian

Hylian

I miss Minus :(

Bubble181 said:
Dork Tower still updates, and is still pubished as well. Updates have been relatively good the past few months now.
Is it? Dave had said on the comics podcast that it no longer ran. My bad.

Siska

Siska

Evercrest. A very funny stip based on EQ. It was my first web-comic.

P

Poftoffel

Elf Only Inn.

Greatest Copy Paste Comic EVAH.

(Well also the only CP I ever read but shhh)

redapples

The Spiders only available through wayback now.

lafftaff

The Bob Squad, a cheesy, fan made Reboot comic. It was cute & made me laugh.

Draxo

Draxo

RPG World.

First Webcomic I ever read.

He left it at such a climax moment too.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Can't remember the name of it, but there was one about tentacle hentai monsters as a comedy....

PatrThom

PatrThom

Can't remember the name of it, but there was one about tentacle hentai monsters as a comedy....
(Replied once already but got lost in xfer)

You probably mean Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. Fantastically brilliant, but most definitely NSFW. The more open-minded you are, the funnier it is.

--Patrick

Shannow

Shannow

(Replied once already but got lost in xfer)

You probably mean Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. Fantastically brilliant, but most definitely NSFW. The more open-minded you are, the funnier it is.

--Patrick

There was another one. shit, i cant remember the name of it. H zone, or maybe n- something. Shit. I loved that thing. Had the sex doll come to life comics killing itself because of what it was, the necrophiliac family, the bdsm, the hentai jokes. Sonofabitch, I cant remember it.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

thin h line maybe?

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

thats it! thin h line/sexy losers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_H_Line

Vagabond

V.Bond

sexy losers
It still updates, though it is few and far in between.

And I'll add http://chugworth.com/ and http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/ as two webcomics I'd love to see start updating again.

figmentPez

figmentPez

- The 'Top
- Killroy and Tina
- RPG World
- Schoolbooks & Brimstone
- Grand Blue Door
- Storm Corps
- Jaks Tales
- Secret of Mana Theater
- Year One
- The Uncanny X-Sprites
- Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman
- Poppycock Circus
- Winter
- Cascadia

and that's just the comics that are gone or nearly gone. There's a whole 'nother list of comics that update irregularly. Alive but not well:
- Megatokyo
- Carzorthade
- Angels 2200
- Dungeons & Dorks
- Inktank
- Finder's Keepers
- Sugar Bits

Andromache

+1 to megatokyo. without it, I would have never discovered the next comic to make this list
-PvP

which is by the way, how I found my way to youse guys.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

RPGWorld
Evercrest

GasBandit

GasBandit

Elf Only Inn.

Greatest Copy Paste Comic EVAH.

(Well also the only CP I ever read but shhh)
Actually, it became fully drawn and colored in its later strips, especially when they changed it from a chat room to an MMO. Yeah, I wish he was still doing Elf Only Inn as well.

Also, Japanese Beetle was fun.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

what happened with Ghastly's Ghastly Comic?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ghastly went and got hisself a life. Most of his effort goes into his LJ pages now.

--Patrick

RealBigNuke

Spells and Whistles(like it more than the scifi thing the author is doing now)
Hellbound(Kinda lost interest towards the end but story comics that die drive me insane)
RPG world(AAAGH RIGHT AT THE BOSS FIGHT)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd say mac hall, but it's still around - just in a smaller colorless strip. I like the black and white style but his coloring is so wonderful I miss it

Bubble181

Bubble181

Down to Earth.

bhamv3

bhamv3

+1 to megatokyo. without it, I would have never discovered the next comic to make this list
-PvP

which is by the way, how I found my way to youse guys.
That's exactly how I found PvP too.

I now check Megatokyo every six months or so. The slow updates coupled with the snail's pace storyline means checking more frequently is pointless.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Ghastly went and got hisself a life. Most of his effort goes into his LJ pages now.

--Patrick
I heard it was more he went a bit crazy(er) but that could be more internet speculation and rumor. Didn't really follow the comic.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I heard it was more he went a bit crazy(er) but that could be more internet speculation and rumor. Didn't really follow the comic.
From what I remember, he freaked out, attempted suicide (again), got divorced, came out as bisexual and started wearing t-shirts and jogging shorts a size too small for him, and just stopped doing the comic.

PatrThom

PatrThom

...and bought and moved into an old barbershop. Or something like that. He does tend to go on a bender now and again. Brains full of talent and passion tend to be fragile things.

--Patrick

chakz

i miss kid radd. and ugly hill. and minus. and 'a lesson is learned but the damage is irreversible'. and perry bible fellowship.

and add another for calvin and hobbes. :(
Man I was gonna say kid radd. You ninja'd me. Although kid radd ended pretty well. So I'm not to sure i'd want it to keep going. It was a really good comic though.

Hansagan

Angels2200 not dead, just on a prolonged hiatus...check back Jan 1st

figmentPez

figmentPez

Angels2200 not dead, just on a prolonged hiatus...check back Jan 1st
Hence why I listed it under alive, but not well. When it's back with a regular schedule it can be moved out of the ICU. (Intermittent Comic Updates)

Oh, and I forgot to put Catharsis on my list. I miss Rremly, but the doodles always made me laugh the most.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Oh, and I forgot to put Catharsis on my list. I miss Rremly, but the doodles always made me laugh the most.
This, this and this.

It took several months of downtime, but the archives at least are back up.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh, I forgot Catharsis as well. Rremly as cute, and the doodle bunny was funny in a whimsical way :)