Twice Upon a Time

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Twice Upon a Time

Genre: [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Korty[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Charles Swenson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Marshall Efron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Cranna[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julie Payne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hamilton Camp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Frees[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judith Kahan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gillian Gould[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geraldine Green[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William Hall[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Korty[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elma Barry Robertson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Clyde E. Robertson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William Browder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoff Hoyle[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]J.E. Freeman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Saxon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sue Murphy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nancy Fish[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chuck Dorsett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Larry Green[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lorenzo Music[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1983-08-05[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]75[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Two wannabe heroes and their friends must stop a madman from giving everyone nightmares.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER][DOUBLEPOST=1391916171,1391916007][/DOUBLEPOST]No trailer. But you can view this Music Video for the film.

Review: Growing up I must have watched this long forgotten animated gem countless times. I think it aired on Showtime once or twice before being banished to VHS forever. Right from the beginning this lovely little film had tons of problems. For instance the writers and directors had completely different ideas of what they wanted for this film. As a result two different variations of the script was recorded by the voice actors. The soft PG version and the, definitely PG-13 version. But folks, if you have the chance, look for this one. I believe that the un-aired version has been cobbled together and uploaded onto Youtube. In this version you'll see the movie's villain to be a tad bit more riske than his VHS version. But regardless of which version you see I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
I resent you only slightly for getting to one of the obscure movies that I was going to post.

So much about this movie is just starry-eyed whimsy. The Fairy Godmother, the animation style, the obvious college student-centric attitude, the one-offs and sight gags, it all adds up to such a ridiculous success.

--Patrick

I have never heard of this, but I am intrigued!
The humor is very absurdist, almost Gilliamesque in its execution. The tone is very similar to The Princess Bride (over-the-top villain, etc) but the story is much more…Yellow Submarine-y in flavor.

--Patrick

The humor is very absurdist, almost Gilliamesque in its execution. The tone is very similar to The Princess Bride (over-the-top villain, etc) but the story is much more…Yellow Submarine-y in flavor.

--Patrick
I quite enjoy the notion that good in this film is equal to being innocent and naive.
The good guys are given a guided tour through the badguy's fortress, seeing all sorts of evil and vile whatever, and yet they remain blissfully unaware when he double crosses them. And this isn't poor writing, this is because the good guys in the film really are that stupid. A few "heroes" are a little wiser than the others, but typically only the ones who have more experience with the "real" world.

Last edited: