[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Yeah, and if so that'd be just the START of reparations for the monsters. They burned their land to freaking ASH, and only recently are they able to grow corn thanks to Ludo/Toffee's plan. Also as shown by Buffrog's poor writing skills, they do NOT have a proper education system.

Legend Quest-Netflix original

Outside of the dub having a weird mix of good and bad voice choices for the characters, and the opening title sequence having...INFINITELY better animation than the show itself, its pretty good!

And Snow White is actually Edward Norton... guess in Disney's version it's not hot metal shoes, but curb-stomping, for stepmother dearest.

Looks like the new show will pay tribute to the comics with Donald as an adventurer himself. I also noticed the Carl Barks Oil paintings in the manor. The Webby doll stuck to the wall with an arrow was a nice detail too.

I wonder if the show has a over arching plot like most Disney shows nowadays.

Oh and than I found this drawing by Don Rosa from two years ago:

I also like the tongue and cheek joke from Louie about how Scrooge "Used to be a big deal", most likely referencing how after the nineties he generally stagnated in terms of being a famous Disney character.

I also like the tongue and cheek joke from Louie about how Scrooge "Used to be a big deal", most likely referencing how after the nineties he generally stagnated in terms of being a famous Disney character.
To be fair, that's simply because Disney stopped using him for stuff, along with Mickey and everybody else. He never showed up in Quack Pack (the last Donald-centric Duck show in the US) or House of Mouse, which means he wasn't a thing again until... what, the Disney Junior CGI Mickey show?

If this does well, Goof Troop is probably due a reboot as well. I KNOW there is already a Rescue Rangers revamp in the works.

To be fair, that's simply because Disney stopped using him for stuff, along with Mickey and everybody else. He never showed up in Quack Pack (the last Donald-centric Duck show in the US) or House of Mouse, which means he wasn't a thing again until... what, the Disney Junior CGI Mickey show?

If this does well, Goof Troop is probably due a reboot as well. I KNOW there is already a Rescue Rangers revamp in the works.
You're right, there was a long period where Disney didn't have a regular show/cartoon featuring their signature characters (Mickey, Donald, et al) until they started airing The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in 2006. Probably shrewd on their behalf, aiming it at the youngest viewers and indoctrinating them early. :) And it worked, because Clubhouse still airs pretty frequently, with the addition of Mickey and the Roadster Racers. (God help me) So if you're going to revive or reboot the spin-off series, it's a good way to get a new generation interested in the characters, a number of which are old enough for some more action/plot-intensive shows.

Anyone remember what Samurai Jack was about? I seem to have-FORGOTTEN ITS PURPOSE!
Lucky you, all the episodes are streaming from the Adult Swim website. Just need to plow through them.
...but basically, in every episode, either Jack learns something important (S1E7, "The Three Blind Archers"), or else he teaches someone else something important (S4E3, "Samurai v. Samurai").

Also he's on a quest of some sort. One which, if successful, would preclude everything that happens in the rest of the series.

--Patrick