The Riches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I am a few years late on this one, but I've been watching it on hulu. You know those "trainwreck" moments that are so painful to watch and you feel embarassed to watch?

Yea. It's like that. I'm only on the first season, but spoilers are welcome.

It's a fantastic show.

Stop watching it now.

You will only be upset when you find out they cancelled it and it never gets a chance to end the story.:mad:

I did a play with the daughter character from this show once. Never actually saw it, though.

I know they canceled it, but didn't know there wasn't a "wrap up."

Imma go cry...
Well, it's been awhile, maybe they wrap it up better than I remember but I do distinctly remember my wife and I being upset that it ended so abruptly.:(

Fantastic show. I was really upset when they canceled it (has nothing to do with the fact that I'm madly in love with Minnie Driver either :p)

Rumor has been that Mr Izzard has been working on a script for a theatrical release which will give the fans a proper ending to the series. I don't know how far along things have gotten or if the plan has been nixed at this point though.

Loved that show though. Dammit. :mad:

Fantastic show. I was really upset when they canceled it (has nothing to do with the fact that I'm madly in love with Minnie Driver either :p)
She was my least favorite part of that show... I just... for some WEIRD reason find her amazingly unattractive. I can't even tell you why.

E

elph

I have this in my queue to watch on Hulu. I've been interested in it.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/11/02/eddie-izzard-the-tv-squad-interview/

JK: Real quick about The Riches, how did you feel about the show's cancellation?
Izzard: Oh, there was unfinished business. We want to do a film about it. We want to do a film to continue it on.

JK: Is it in the works?
Izzard: Yeah, that's in the works in my head. We're already working on the script for it. Because I met Samuel L. Jackson in a lift, or an elevator, as you say, in London. And he was going, \"So what happens with your kids...they gonna be ok, you continuing, what's going on?\" So I thought, well, if Samuel L. Jackson wants to know what's going on, we have to do a film. So we're going to pick up...the plan is to pick up exactly where we left off, and we think we're going to make a film of the next bit.

JK: A theatrical film?
Izzard: Yeah. It's the perfect time to do it. You know, with the Internet exploding, with all the finances going through the roof, we've got passionate fans. We had great reviews, and passionate fans all over the world, including in lifts in London, with seeing Samuel L. Jackson. But we didn't have the right number of them. So that's what happened. And how you test with these Nielsen boxes, it's antiquated. It's 1950's technology, and we're doing stuff that is different. People are looking at it in different ways. So now's the time for us to grab it by the scruff of the neck and go off and make a film.

JK: I enjoyed the series, and was surprised to hear it got cancelled.
Izzard: Well, it was just, it was numbers. Numbers apparently stopped us, but passion keeps it going.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh, Mr. Izzard... the things I would do to you if I was not taken and also miles and miles away from you.

K

kaykordeath

For reasons that should, I think, be highly obvious, I approve of this thread!

The man-crush on Mr. Izzard (in and out of "executive" attire) is quite clear....

Seeing him at MSG next month for my birthday!

Cajungal

Staff member
For reasons that should, I think, be highly obvious, I approve of this thread!

The man-crush on Mr. Izzard (in and out of "executive" attire) is quite clear....

Seeing him at MSG next month for my birthday!
If you get to talk to him, ask him if he remembers me--the screaming girl in Austin in the nosebleed section? Yeah, he'll remember me. We had a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.