Export thread

The Procrastination Thread

Troll

Troll

I've been meaning to make this thread for a while now.

So, here I am cruising Halforum when I should be working. I have a massive paper due Friday night, 11:59 pm. I've had this assignment for a good month and a half now, but naturally I didn't want to do it and kept putting it off. It's just too easy to find something else to do.

So, what are you avoiding right now?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Brother, I am avoiding way too much stuff.
-write up for my boss
-a collaboration write up
-write up for some anaerobic media
-8 page paper for class

I'm seeing a trend.

Oh, get to work, you lazy ass!

lafftaff

I moving in three days & am nowhere near finished packing. Darn the internt & The Sims.

Wasabi Poptart

Math homework. :lalala:

Denbrought

Denbrought

Buy plane tickets to get back to the US on january
CS project
CS project
CS honours project
CS exam studying
Search for sources for an english formal report
Register for next semester's classes

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I've been meaning to make this thread for a while now.
I laughed and I hate you.

makare

I am prepped for my homework tomorrow but I should really be working on my 14 page memorandum as well the outlines for my classes. Finals really aren't that far away...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Writing my Master's Thesis.

makare

Writing my Master's Thesis.
tell him he should write his own thesis!

/sorry couldn't resist.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl:

Making an outline for a chapter in my language arts text. Also, making another uke video. I'm uploading one right now tho. :D

Philosopher B.

I should be doing some extra studying for two tests I'm taking tomorrow.

Gill Kaiser

Now that I've finished university, all I'm really procrastinating is getting a job and moving out, and getting a life in other ways. During the last few years I procrastinated pretty much every assignment, with only fear of failure pulling me through.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I should be posting in this thread

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I've got a 12-15 page term paper due on Halloween, and a partial draft for that due tomorrow.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Going to Politics exam.

OH SHI-

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm putting off going to bed.

Terrik

Terrik

Im putting off grading assignments and writing the midterms. THANK YOU MIRC.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm putting off writing an essay for my womens history class that's due tomorrow.

Wahad

Wahad

Not really putting it off, but I should've started three days ago.

My 10 page paper due October 30th
My 4 page concept paper due sunday
Another 4 page paper due November 3rd

LordRavage

I should be posting in this thread
I was gonna write something...but.....

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Procrastination was a huge problem of mine. Lately I've been trying to correct this problem with good results. If there is something I need to do, I finish it off immediately and relax for the remaining time I have. I'm slowly but surely getting used to doing this new habit now. :)

Gusto

Gusto

I meant to post here last night but had to watch back episodes of South Park first.

Hylian

Hylian

Right now I am putting off nothing really since I am on my break at work. But usually I am putting off sleep.

Ross

Ross

Procrastination was a huge problem of mine. Lately I've been trying to correct this problem with good results. If there is something I need to do, I finish it off immediately and relax for the remaining time I have. I'm slowly but surely getting used to doing this new habit now. :)

I need to do this... badly.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I need to do this... badly.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Good news everyone!

I got my essay done and turned in.....two minutes before the deadline. Hooray!

Troll

Troll

I have until tomorrow night at 11:59 to write another 15-20 pages. Good times! :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Still haven't come up with a lesson plan for the chapter I needed to outline... due tomorrow morning at 10:30.

The Mike

I've been procrastinating coming back here

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm glad you're back! :)

The Mike

Me too, but everything is different now, what's up with you people and change?

rabbitgod

I've been putting off a lot at work. It's not even stuff that I do directly. I need to tell people to get these things done and I keep putting it off.

It's tough when you don't care.

Singularity.EXE

Going to the bathroom, though I feel its a battle I am going to lose.

Just one more episode.... of Freeman's Mind dammit!

Hylian

Hylian

I should do that but I keep putting it off :)

Troll

Troll

President William H. Taft once said "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow." And on that note, I'm going to bed despite having half of my paper left to do before tomorrow night.

Silvanesti

Me too, but everything is different now, what's up with you people and change?
Holy shit! The other mike!

Bubble181

Bubble181

President William H. Taft once said "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow." And on that note, I'm going to bed despite having half of my paper left to do before tomorrow night.
Never do today what you can guilt someone else into doing tomorrow.

Never do today what you won't get the blame for tomorrow.

Never do today what someone else ought to have done yesterday.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Live every day like it was your last day: leave work for tomorrow.

Pojodan

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I actually don't have anything I'm procrastinating... well, except making copies, but I can do that later.

It feels good!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

It feels good!
did you know that it would?

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

It feels good!
did you know that it would?[/QUOTE]
So good, so good
Ain't got nothin' due...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

Troll

Troll

I'm proud to report that I finished my paper early. It was due at 11:59 pm, and I definitely hit the submit button at 11:58 pm.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Sleep, at this current point in time anyway.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cleaning my shoes, vacuuming, mopping, doing the dishes, dusting, cleaning my backpack, laundry, clipping my nails, making my backpack for this evening (off to game convention in Germany :)),....All of my household chores, really.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm putting off posting in the cosplay thread. I'm having back troubles and I can't sit at my computer very long. I'll get back to it soon, hopefully.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Have a concept summary for a business venture (the video game one I mentioned a while back) that is due in a business plan competition on Monday.

It only has to be 3-pages long, but I need to answer very specific questions, with backed up research, an income statement, and it needs to be good enough, since they'll hack off the bottom 20% of the entries.

And yet, here I sit, ambling around, as my thoughts refuse to become coherent in my head.

Troll

Troll

I've got yet another major paper due tomorrow. And again, I really, really don't want to do it. So here I am, goofing off rather than writing.

meyoumeyou

I drive myself crazy with my own procrastination. I do it with even the smallest of things: getting food, going to the bathroom, posting in threads...you name it...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I should be in bed...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Give me a medal for procastinating, please.

Dusty668

First!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Searching for sources is probably the way of procrastinating I hate the most, for I don't even realize I'm doing it. Here I was, spending the last half hour reading some very interesting paper on republican views from a few centuries ago... Except I can't use it as a source, and I could've known that by just checking the date first ~_~

Cajungal

Cajungal

I played Tactics last night instead of writing out a student teaching reflection. I wrote it in 15 minutes about a half an hour before bed. I've written so many of those things, I have a template in my head that I just fill in with current reading vocabulary and feeeeelings...

LittleSin

LittleSin

I should be writing or working on my drawing....why can't I get away from this computer?

General Specific

General Specific

Give me a medal for procastinating, please.
later

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My creed is like the quote "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow," except I don't have that sense of urgency.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Are you depressed?
Yes

Is it bad?
Business as usual

Then try to get some coding done
Not feeling it

At least try to open the blinds

Hylian

Hylian

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Procrastination

Is like Masturbation, it seems like a good idea at the time, but in the end you are only fucking yourself.

I love the oldies but goodies.