The Procrastination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to make this thread for a while now.

So, here I am cruising Halforum when I should be working. I have a massive paper due Friday night, 11:59 pm. I've had this assignment for a good month and a half now, but naturally I didn't want to do it and kept putting it off. It's just too easy to find something else to do.

So, what are you avoiding right now?

Brother, I am avoiding way too much stuff.
-write up for my boss
-a collaboration write up
-write up for some anaerobic media
-8 page paper for class

I'm seeing a trend.

Oh, get to work, you lazy ass!

L

lafftaff

I moving in three days & am nowhere near finished packing. Darn the internt & The Sims.

Buy plane tickets to get back to the US on january
CS project
CS project
CS honours project
CS exam studying
Search for sources for an english formal report
Register for next semester's classes

M

makare

I am prepped for my homework tomorrow but I should really be working on my 14 page memorandum as well the outlines for my classes. Finals really aren't that far away...

Cajungal

Staff member
:rofl:

Making an outline for a chapter in my language arts text. Also, making another uke video. I'm uploading one right now tho. :D

P

Philosopher B.

I should be doing some extra studying for two tests I'm taking tomorrow.

G

Gill Kaiser

Now that I've finished university, all I'm really procrastinating is getting a job and moving out, and getting a life in other ways. During the last few years I procrastinated pretty much every assignment, with only fear of failure pulling me through.

Not really putting it off, but I should've started three days ago.

My 10 page paper due October 30th
My 4 page concept paper due sunday
Another 4 page paper due November 3rd

Procrastination was a huge problem of mine. Lately I've been trying to correct this problem with good results. If there is something I need to do, I finish it off immediately and relax for the remaining time I have. I'm slowly but surely getting used to doing this new habit now. :)

Right now I am putting off nothing really since I am on my break at work. But usually I am putting off sleep.

Ross

Staff member
Procrastination was a huge problem of mine. Lately I've been trying to correct this problem with good results. If there is something I need to do, I finish it off immediately and relax for the remaining time I have. I'm slowly but surely getting used to doing this new habit now. :)

I need to do this... badly.

Cajungal

Staff member
Still haven't come up with a lesson plan for the chapter I needed to outline... due tomorrow morning at 10:30.

T

The Mike

Me too, but everything is different now, what's up with you people and change?

R

rabbitgod

I've been putting off a lot at work. It's not even stuff that I do directly. I need to tell people to get these things done and I keep putting it off.

It's tough when you don't care.

S

Singularity.EXE

Going to the bathroom, though I feel its a battle I am going to lose.

Just one more episode.... of Freeman's Mind dammit!

I should do that but I keep putting it off :)

President William H. Taft once said "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow." And on that note, I'm going to bed despite having half of my paper left to do before tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.