The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Tagline: Together For The First Time - James Stewart - John Wayne - in the masterpiece of four-time Academy Award winner John Ford

Genre: [GENRE]Western[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Ford[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]John Wayne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Stewart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vera Miles[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Marvin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Edmond O'Brien[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Devine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Murray[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Carradine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeanette Nolan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Qualen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Willis Bouchey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carleton Young[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Woody Strode[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Denver Pyle[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Strother Martin[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1962-04-22[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]A senator, who became famous for killing a notorious outlaw, returns for the funeral of an old friend and tells the truth about his deed.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Another movie I haven't seen. I could probably make this easier by only posting in the ones I have seen, I guess.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
My stepdad used to have the theme to this movie on his favorite mixtape... it was second on the cassette, after "Centerfold" by J. Geils Band.

When I was in college, a teacher who's lecture style I really liked taught a class called "The American Western", which was about the myth, culture and obsession with the American West, along with historical facts. I loved that class so much, even though up until that time I had never in my life had any interest in the subject.

This is one of the films he screened and I really liked it. I would put it up there with Stagecoach, The Searchers, The Wild Bunch and The Naked Spur. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say I still think Shane is over-rated, and that kid was f***ing annoying.

GasBandit

Staff member
When I was in college, a teacher who's lecture style I really liked taught a class called "The American Western", which was about the myth, culture and obsession with the American West, along with historical facts. I loved that class so much, even though up until that time I had never in my life had any interest in the subject.

This is one of the films he screened and I really liked it. I would put it up there with Stagecoach, The Searchers, The Wild Bunch and The Naked Spur. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say I still think Shane is over-rated, and that kid was f***ing annoying.
Man, they made us watch Shane in middle school. I hated that kid so much.

I would say we should form a club to hunt that kid down and give him a good "brain duster", but then I realize he's probably older than my father and that would be... inappropriate? unnecessary? not recent enough to be justifiable?

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh man, The Searchers... many a time I used to break out the "I'll thank you to unhand my fi-an-cy" line in my deepest drawl. Always gave the little woman the giggles.