The laziness is spreading

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, out of the 5 comics I check that are supposed to be updated Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 actually had an update (thank you Mr. Dean). I know these are free and complaining about it is close to punching their mothers, but it just comes across as completely unprofessional. Perhaps it's just Kurt, but it seems like the webcomics industry is trying to gain legitimacy and more prominence alongside newspaper comics. That's wonderful and I look forward to that happening, but not updating because you're going to a Con or moving or whatever kills any of the "legitimacy" you've built up.

If I know I'm going to be out of work, I make sure everything that would be due is done before I leave. I also understand most of the guys have other jobs and responsibilities, but if you start moonlighting in a regular job you're still expected to do both as long as you're employed for it.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I'm tired of hearing "take us seriously" while they don't seem to take their own work seriously.

Out of curiosity, which comics do you read?

Personally the only comics I check that update late/irregularly are OOtS and Goblins. All fifteen-something others update on the days they're supposed to.

I check fewer ones on Tuesdays and Thursdays since most update on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Real Life
Starslip Crisis
Chainsawsuit
8-Bit Theater
PvP (just started checking this one regularly again, might change back soon)

I'm very surprised Straub is behind. He's usually pretty good about updating.

Cue someone linking the LICD on the subject (a comic which, as long as I've been reading, has never been late).

I read none of those comics but I can imagine Straub being behind 'cause of the move to PA offices and whatnot.

Also to agree with Fun Size, LICD (and the other comic by Blind Ferret Entertainment, Looking for Group) has never been late, but also Girl Genius, Wapsi Square, Gunnerkrigg Court, Digger and many others. The late updaters form the exception, not the rule, methinks.

I've seen the LICD comic and I always forget to add it to the bookmarks (done now). I think that's why it's always in the back of my mind whenever I see a late comic.

Perhaps you're right, this is just a small sampling. But you'd think the people with their names on a book called "How to Make Webcomics" would be more professional in their own comics, no matter what comes up.

Funny you mentioned Girl Genius. Their colorer just recently got sick and I thought it was pretty incredible the comic went on.

K

kaykordeath

Ever since I started getting all my comics to google reader (or insert your RSS feed reader of choice), I haven't given a shit if a comic was updated or not...

Emerald City Comic Con was this past weekend, I believe, so it's reasonable to assume people who normally have admirable update schedules might fall a little behind in its wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.