The Karaté Kid

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Karaté Kid

Tagline: Only the 'Old One' could teach him the secrets of the masters.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John G. Avildsen[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Martin Kove[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ralph Macchio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pat Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Randee Heller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chad McQueen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elisabeth Shue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ron Thomas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rob Garrison[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William Zabka[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1984-06-22[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]126[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Hassled by the school bullies, Daniel LaRusso has his share of adolescent woes. Luckily, his apartment building houses a resident martial arts master: Kesuke Miyagi, who agrees to train Daniel ... and ends up teaching him much more than self-defense. Armed with newfound confidence, skill and wisdom, Daniel ultimately faces off against his tormentors in this hugely popular classic underdog tale.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Totally agree, the other one was not bad at all, but this one is much closer to me.

Probably because of Pat Morita, he is great.

While the remake isn't bad, I definitely prefer this version. It works better having it be about teenagers rather than kids, the wide scope of the remake isn't as effective as the tight focus in the original and, while Mr. Han's backstory was stronger, Pat Morita as Miyagi is just so worth watching.

Sweep the leg still holds a place in the everyday speech of me and my friends.

Along with "There is no fear in this dojo!"

GasBandit

Staff member
Sweep the leg still holds a place in the everyday speech of me and my friends.

Along with "There is no fear in this dojo!"
The first guild I joined in Warhammer Online was called Kobra Kai. Not half an hour after I joined it, I saw some random guy named "Johnny" running around guildless. I had no choice. I followed him around telling him to "sweep the leg" in every fight he got into, until he joined.

The first guild I joined in Warhammer Online was called Kobra Kai. Not half an hour after I joined it, I saw some random guy named "Johnny" running around guildless. I had no choice. I followed him around telling him to "sweep the leg" in every fight he got into, until he joined.
It was meant to be.