The Fly Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused by this...

In 1958, there was The Fly.

In the late 80s, David Cronenberg remade The Fly.

Now, David Cronenberg is remaking his remake of The Fly.

And I ask why?

http://www.riskybusinessblog.com/2009/09/david-cronenberg-doing-reboot-of-the-fly.html

I know Fox has been trying to get another version going for a while, and maybe Cronenberg is jumping in trying to stop someone else from messing it up, but what else can he do with it that he didn't do in his other version?

There is only one "The Fly" and that starred the King of Horror, Mr. Vincent Price....

As for the question at hand? More money.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Here's what he's planning to do: Jeff Goldblum has a twin brother and together they run people off the highway and fuck their broken bodies as they test out their teleporter.

I don't know how to fit Scanners, XistenZ and Naked Lunch in there, and there are probably more movies I can't remember.

There is only one "The Fly" and that starred the King of Horror, Mr. Vincent Price....

As for the question at hand? More money.
More money than just doing another gangster film starring Viggo Mortensen?

In seriousness, that's never been how Cronenberg has operated. I know that's why Fox wanted a remake, not why Cronenberg wanted to do the remake.

K

Kitty Sinatra

maybe he's unsatisfied with the first in some way, or just wants to try the same subject again to see what the result will be.

Maybe he just wants to be the first director to remake his own film. Would he be the first?

maybe he's unsatisfied with the first in some way, or just wants to try the same subject again to see what the result will be.

Maybe he just wants to be the first director to remake his own film. Would he be the first?
The director of Funny Games remade his movie in English with popular actors like a year later since the movie is kind of directed towards Americans.

Werner Herzog remade his documentary "Little Dieter Needs to Fly" in a way with a dramatized fictional version "Rescue Dawn" starring Christian Bale and Steve Zahn.

Status
Not open for further replies.