[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

That's how a previous manager of mine started talking when he'd just done a line of coke.
The problem with most stimulants is they dope your brain up the same way as the "I just accomplished something fantastic!" reward mechanism, so if you keep that high running too long, every idea starts to sound great, every action feels right, and that can quickly lead to a chain of very bad decisions.

--Patrick

That, coupled with the never-ending shit he gets for the DC movies, would definitely explain his mental state.

But both he and his films were questionable before, so how much is having trouble coping, and how much is just naturally him, is hard to tell.

GasBandit

Staff member
Shazam was good, though it had some issues with tone. Nothing too grimdark, but rather some parts were really "kiddy grade" but there were also on-screen deaths of "Raiders of the Lost Ark melting Nazis" caliber that would give a 5 year old nightmares. Worth seeing though.

Shazam was good, though it had some issues with tone. Nothing too grimdark, but rather some parts were really "kiddy grade" but there were also on-screen deaths of "Raiders of the Lost Ark melting Nazis" caliber that would give a 5 year old nightmares. Worth seeing though.
To back this up: A mom had to leave our screening because her kids were scared.

I kept forgetting it was PG-13 until those scenes would pop up, or a character would say "shit."

So, Robert Pattinson has been cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman for the upcoming movie, The Batman, directed by Matt Reeves.

Honestly, I think it's a solid casting. Pattinson is a far better actor than people who only know him from Twilight give him credit. Plus, after the second and third Planet of the Apes movies, I really dig Reeves as a director. It's a shame Affleck didn't stay on the write and direct, at the very least, because I would've LOVED to see what the guy behind Argo, The Town, and Gone Baby Gone could've done with a Bat-film.

Can't say I'm really excited for another Batman movie, but I can't deny I'm at least curious about this.

So, Robert Pattinson has been cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman for the upcoming movie, The Batman, directed by Matt Reeves.

Honestly, I think it's a solid casting. Pattinson is a far better actor than people who only know him from Twilight give him credit. Plus, after the second and third Planet of the Apes movies, I really dig Reeves as a director. It's a shame Affleck didn't stay on the write and direct, at the very least, because I would've LOVED to see what the guy behind Argo, The Town, and Gone Baby Gone could've done with a Bat-film.

Can't say I'm really excited for another Batman movie, but I can't deny I'm at least curious about this.
Also apparently it's a clean slate, no connection to Affleck's Batman.

Also apparently it's a clean slate, no connection to Affleck's Batman.
That's probably for the best. I get the feeling there'll be fewer tie-ins to the DCEU as we go along. I was honestly surprised how many references there were in Shazam, for example (especially the surprise cameo). But I think that was in production before they decided to shift gears.