[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - Mostly Grim Dark Crap (But It's Getting Better)

Reactions
1,942 565 15
That's how a previous manager of mine started talking when he'd just done a line of coke.
The problem with most stimulants is they dope your brain up the same way as the "I just accomplished something fantastic!" reward mechanism, so if you keep that high running too long, every idea starts to sound great, every action feels right, and that can quickly lead to a chain of very bad decisions.

--Patrick

Reactions
1,189 300 2
That, coupled with the never-ending shit he gets for the DC movies, would definitely explain his mental state.

But both he and his films were questionable before, so how much is having trouble coping, and how much is just naturally him, is hard to tell.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
Shazam was good, though it had some issues with tone. Nothing too grimdark, but rather some parts were really "kiddy grade" but there were also on-screen deaths of "Raiders of the Lost Ark melting Nazis" caliber that would give a 5 year old nightmares. Worth seeing though.

Reactions
1,584 427 2
Shazam was good, though it had some issues with tone. Nothing too grimdark, but rather some parts were really "kiddy grade" but there were also on-screen deaths of "Raiders of the Lost Ark melting Nazis" caliber that would give a 5 year old nightmares. Worth seeing though.
To back this up: A mom had to leave our screening because her kids were scared.

I kept forgetting it was PG-13 until those scenes would pop up, or a character would say "shit."