The car alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zen, make up a bunch of flyers that say "If this car's alarm bothers you CALL THIS NUMBER!" and put in the number to the police non-emergency line. Include any prompts that may be in the way (Call 555-1234 and press 5 then 3).

Put the flyers ON HIS CAR under the wipers. Two things happen here. EITHER many people call and the police have to do something to stop the calls OR even if nobody calls he'll see that his car is bothering someone. Maybe he can't hear it where he lives.
I like it very much. People do walk around this area a lot (for L.A.) so flyers could be very effective. The guy's got a crapton of notes on his car by now so I can't imagine ignorance is still an issue, but I was thinking about how to get the neighborhood involved. If this continues I am definitely going this route.

(Called the cops again at 1am; this time the dispatcher clearly heard the ululating -- the car's, not mine -- but it still continued to go on and off until at least 4am.)

In the Ford parking lots here (headquarters, engineering and design centers, etc) if you don't have a parking tag they apply a water based glue (corn starch, for instance) to the drivers side window, and slap a big printout "THIS CAR IS ILLEGALLY PARKED AND MAY BE TOWED IN THE FUTURE"

The paper is easily removed with some water and elbow grease, but it's a pain, and much more incentive than a simple flyer that can be ignored, "Oh, the wind must have blown it away, I demand you refund my towing fee!"

If the flyers don't help, you can go a few steps further with the glue before getting destructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.