[Movies] The 2015 HalfOscars - nominate inside please!!!

So, pick your top 3 for each category, I'll collect however get enough/some nominations and post a poll in like.... a week? two weeks? Sometime before the actual Oscars.

I'm streamlining the categories to make my life easier. Any questions about if a movie is 2014, 2013, or 2015 will be decided by me, but it'll probably be whatever the Oscars go by.

Best Movie
duh. The best movie released in 2014. Corresponding Oscar categories: Best Picture, Animated Feature, Documentary, hell, any shorts too if that's how you roll.

Best Performance
This is the best acting performance. All genders, all levels of roles, voice and mocap acting also qualifies. Corresponding Oscar categories: Best Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress.

Best Creative Achievement
Writing/Directing goes here. Corresponding Oscar categories: Best Screenplay, Adapted Screenplay, Directing.

Again, top 3 for each, it'll be open sometime around a week-two weeks if you need some time to see the late releases in theaters now. Don't bother ranking your nominations, since I'll treat them all as equal. Also, in the case of multiple performance nominees, (i.e. Scarlett Johannsson in Under the Skin and Captain America 2), each performance would count individually.

so cool, go nuts, have fun! I'll post mine in a day or two.

Best Movie:

Selma
Birdman
Jodorowsky's Dune

Best Performance:

Michael Keaton - Birdman
Jake Gyllenhaal - Nightcrawler
Reese Witherspoon - Wild

Creative Achievement:

Ava DuVernay - Director - Selma
Alejandro G. Iñárritu - Director/Writer - Birdman
Dan Gilroy - Writer - Nightcrawler

GasBandit

Staff member
I only saw about 5 movies last year. I haven't been in a "going out to the movies" kinda mood in a long time. But those 5 were GOTG, Captain America 2, Lego, X:Men DOFP, and Hobbit:5Armies. I liked most of em.

Zappit

Staff member
Jersey Boys was really underrated. The stage who was great, but this was better. Solid cast. The muted colors seemed perfect for the era. The whole story of the Four Seasons is just so freakin' nuts, too.

Best Movie:

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Interstellar
Guardians of the Galaxy

Best Performance:

Andy Serkis (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
Matthew McConaughey
Jennifer Lawrence (Mockingjay, Part 1)

Creative Achievement:

Hans Zimmer - Composer (Interstellar)
Special effects team that gets 0.25 seconds at the mic before the music tells them to get off the stage (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)
Francis Lawrence - Director (Mockingjay, Part 1, for turning the first half of that awful book into a watchable movie)