[Movies] the 2013 Oscar Nominations! Surprise nominees: Beasts, Amour.....Ted?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of misdirected anger at Seth for some of the material. No one seems to realize that most, if not all of it was actually coming from Bruce Vilanch, the long time head writer for the Oscars ceremony. You think he'd delegate choice material to some lowly "host?"
I'm mad at the Oscars in general for okay-ing that material at all. I honestly don't like Seth to begin with, so the fact that he presented material like that, just makes me not like him more. And hey, Bruce can have some of my dislike as well.

Also, I'm wallowing in my sorrow of Eiko losing best costume.

I think he could do well as a host, he is articulate and funny, with a good dash of Ratpack Cool. He just needs someone to hold his leash a bit.

What exactly was so bad about it? A song about boobs? Making fun of celebrities? I don't really see what the hate is for.
One of the numbers was just listing off female actresses and then what movie he saw their breasts in. And concluded with Scarlett Johansson and "the internet". If you can't see how that could be hateful towards women, then-

There was also a really tired Ted bit about "lol jews running hollywood" that was offensive for being unfunny and kind of racist.

One of the numbers was just listing off female actresses and then what movie he saw their breasts in. And concluded with Scarlett Johansson and "the internet". If you can't see how that could be hateful towards women, then-

There was also a really tired Ted bit about "lol jews running hollywood" that was offensive for being unfunny and kind of racist.
Right, because an hour or more of people talking about how shitty someone famous dressed is a step in the right direction, too. McFarlane is a woman-hating jerk, here's Joan Rivers to tell us why Sally Field looked like a used tampon. The whole Oscars thing is less about awards and more about who's wearing what and who looks like they fell in a dumpster. It's just silly.

Right, because an hour or more of people talking about how shitty someone famous dressed is a step in the right direction, too. Vilanch is a woman-hating jerk, here's Joan Rivers to tell us why Sally Field looked like a used tampon. The whole Oscars thing is less about awards and more about who's wearing what and who looks like they fell in a dumpster. It's just silly.
Fixed. I repeat, no way in hell did McFarlane write that song.

It's an almost perfect scheme. McFarlane gets all the people wanting to burn him at the stake, where all Bruce gets is his ugly mug photoshopped into funny pictures.

I'm sure the Oscars are written like most live shows, with a room full of writers. McFarlane might have had a hand in some jokes (the Sound of Music bit felt very Family Guy), but there's no way he wrote it all himself. He obviously read it all off a teleprompter, he even says something like "oh we're really gonna do that joke, I thought we were cutting it. Oh well." But regardless of the source of the jokes, in the end the whole award show thing is a 12-hour string of shaming people for what they wear and how they look anyway. Judging the host for some stupid jokes when you had some E Entertainment mouthpiece lambasting people for a dress they don't like is kind of unfair.

I, personally, enjoy the fashion of the Oscars. But, I can understand how it wouldn't interest everyone, though. And people make a much bigger deal about it when the focus should be on the award show itself. I don't watch the Oscars just for the fashion though, I mean I follow fashion all year, as well as designers. But yeah, I just wanted to throw that out there. I like fashion. :(

I thought one of the things about the 'boobs' number was that some of the boobs were seen in dramatic and brutal rape scenes.

Like...that makes me feel a bit icky, knowing that someone said "forget the rape! BEWBS."

Bruce Vilanch has won 6 Emmies, all apparently for his work on award shows.

They give awards for award shows? That is the biggest pile of self-fellating nonsense I've ever heard.

Also don't forget Joan Rivers spent some time on Letterman's show making fun of Adele for being fat.

Also her comment about Heidi Klum, going something like "Germans haven't looked this hot since Nazis tossed Jews in the oven."

Status
Not open for further replies.