[Movies] The 2013 Charlies: Nominations for "Most Disturbing Image in a film in 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna hand out some movie awards this year. They aren't going to be Best Actor or Best Actress or any of that, it's gonna be weird shit. I'm going to make a thread for us to discuss each category before I announce the winners. If you have ideas for categories, please PM them to me or post ITT.

The first category is: Most Disturbing Image / Scene.

This is kind of self-explanatory, this is the most fucked up thing you've seen in a movie released last year. Possible winners from years' past could be

Full Metal Jacket
Private Pyle painting the bathroom wall with his brains.

The Fly
The entirety of Brundlefly

Or just skipping along, pretty much anything from a Cronenberg movie.

Here are the first handful that spring to mind for me.

Looper
A) The scene where Old Paul Dano attempts to escape
B) The scene where you find out where "The Rainmaker"'s name originates

Killer Joe
A) The scene where you never think about Fried Chicken the same again

also, please spoil things if they are super-specific.

Django
A) The scene where two mandingos whale on each other, and one kills the other with a hammer. B) Wherein the survivor of the mandingo fight is set upon by dogs.

Django
A) The scene where two mandingos whale on each other, and one kills the other with a hammer. B) Wherein the survivor of the mandingo fight is set upon by dogs.
They weren't the same guy. I would agree with your nomination of (B) though. But does Django count? Didn't it come out in the first week of Jan?[DOUBLEPOST=1357668843][/DOUBLEPOST]Charlie, how about best performance by an inanimate object? Then I could nominate Orlando Bloom's Pompadour in the Three Musketeers.

They weren't the same guy. I would agree with your nomination of (B) though. But does Django count? Didn't it come out in the first week of Jan?[DOUBLEPOST=1357668843][/DOUBLEPOST]Charlie, how about best performance by an inanimate object? Then I could nominate Orlando Bloom's Pompadour in the Three Musketeers.
I saw Django on Dec. 26th, and pretty sure Three Musketeers came out in 2011.

I'm going to try to avoid too much like. When was stuff released nitpicking, but I'm going to default to the Oscars. So Django and Zero Dark Thirty are 2012, even if they were slightly limited releases.

Well, if it were 2010, I'd say A Serbian Film would be a clear winner, but the only movies I've seen in the theater in all of 2012 were Wreck-It Ralph and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

So I guess I'm out.

--Patrick

Man, I don't even remember what movies I saw in 2012. I definitely saw the comic book movies, so that's the Avengers, the Dark Knight Rises, and the Amazing Spider-Man. Oh, and I saw Snow White and the Huntsman too. But I don't think any of them had any particularly disturbing scenes.

Oh wait, I saw Prometheus too (with a hot girl, I might add!), that had a few good ones. Fifield attacking the crew in the hangar, Shaw giving herself a self-cesarean, Holloway getting burned alive, etc. If I had to nominate one, I'd go with the cesarean.

Django came out Christmas Day, 2012.

A) The scene where Old Paul Dano attempts to escape
I actually came in here to post that when i saw the topic headline. I'm not normally that squeamish about violence on screen, but that scene gave me the wibblies. especially how
his body slowly starts to disappear, bit by bit. the sudden leglessness, then slowly crawling towards the door, begging for mercy
freaked me the hell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.