Thanks for the kidney... you're fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
This is literally one of the top 100 worst people on the planet. As someone with kidney disease and who might need a transplant down the road, someone who does something like that for me could break into my house, take a dump in the middle of the living room, flip me the bird, and leave; they get a pass.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Okay, can somebody tell me what is in that video? All I'm getting is some guy talking about photographing in Chernobyl.

Okay, can somebody tell me what is in that video? All I'm getting is some guy talking about photographing in Chernobyl.
A woman donated a kidney to her boss, who needed a replacement. She has now had her employment terminated.

Drudge Report said:
A New York Long Island woman said she was fired after she donated a kidney to help save the life of her boss, according to her complaint to the state Human Rights Commission. Debbie Stevens, 47, claimed her boss at Atlantic Automotive Group, Jackie Brucia, was nice until she got the kidney, then became abusive and fired her. Stevens, who worked as her assistant, said, "She just started treating me horribly, viciously, inhumanly after the surgery. It was almost like she hired me just to get my kidney."

The boss didn't fire her directly.

The employee donated a kidney to the kidney registry. She didn't directly donate the kidney to her boss. Her donation bumped her boss up to receive a matching donor.

After the surgery, the donor was transferred (probably because the donation caused a conflict of interest). This transfer was not by the bosses request or anything. A few months later the donor was fired from her transferred position.

The boss isn't a dick at all. Seems to me like the donor did it to be a workplace hero; got transferred because of it, and pissed off her new boss enough to get fired.

What exactly makes you immune to getting fired just because you donate a kidney that helps out a co-worker? If you do a shitty job you get fired. That's how shit works.

fade

Staff member
Yeaaaaahhhhhh.... I get the vibe from that woman that this isn't as altruistic as she'd like to make it sound. It feels like there's another side to this story that needs to be told.

The kidney boss, according to the plaintiff, abused her before the transfer to a lower paying job happened.

But we will never hear what happened. This is one side of the story, and I'll bet the settlement will have a hush clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.