Export thread

Texas Anti Gay Marriage Law Struck Down.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-strikes-down-texas-gay-marriage-ban-193544850.html

The first step towards marriage equality just happened for Texans. Now the ruling has to be challenged in a higher court.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Here I was thinking we were going to be one of the last.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here I was thinking we were going to be one of the last.
Nah, I knew that, as always, Mississippi and Alabama would be there to make us look reasonable.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Good.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Nah, I knew that, as always, Mississippi and Alabama would be there to make us look reasonable.
This was basically my thought as well. Texas may be bad about these things but not as bad as ol' Miss.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I hate agreeing with and liking Charles posts

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I hate agreeing with and liking Charles posts
well, I mean I'm not a monster, I do support equal rights for everyone

figmentPez

figmentPez

well, I mean I'm not a monster, I do support equal rights for everyone
I feel like this sentence needs an asterisk and about 3 paragraphs of tiny legal disclaimers.

GasBandit

GasBandit

well, I mean I'm not a monster, I just want a little breathing room
(yeah, yeah, I know... darwin'd)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

this is a good thing, and I guess my only attempt to Charlie this thread will be that "gay marriage" isn't some cure-all for the rights of LBQTA people, they can still be fired in Texas for who they love and who they are, as well as kicked out of any apartment complex.

Emrys

Emrys

Someone has to.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I live in Texas, so I guess I should be defending it, but this wasn't a TEXAS Court, just a FEDERAL court that happened to be located in Texas. Nobody Texas had any say in electing contributed to the ruling.