Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

PatrThom

PatrThom

Huh. Was not expecting this.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll mourn for the writer of his first couple of books, at the very least.

Emrys

Emrys

Well, crap.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I liked the bits about lonesome pines. They made it into some D&D campaigns.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I liked the bits about lonesome pines. They made it into some D&D campaigns.
*wayward pines

—Patrick

Gryfter

Gryfter

Sad day, I liked some of the Sword of Truth series though it did drag on.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Sad day, I liked some of the Sword of Truth series though it did drag on.
I’ve read Debt of Bones up through Naked Empire.
But I feel like I would’ve been perfectly happy if I had stopped after Faith of the Fallen.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

I stopped reading after the third rape book.

Dei

Dei

I remember reading the entire series out of sheer spite (which I do quite often when I can't stand a series but still kind of want to know what happens), but I couldn't tell you shit that happened after the book about communism bad and statues good.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I remember reading the entire series out of sheer spite (which I do quite often when I can't stand a series but still kind of want to know what happens), but I couldn't tell you shit that happened after the book about communism bad and statues good.
I would’ve been perfectly happy if I had stopped after Faith of the Fallen.
—Patrick

Dei

Dei

—Patrick
I was pretty sure that was the book, but I couldn't be 100% sure and I didn't feel like checking. If you read it, you knew.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Right, I was just emphasizing it because now that’s two voices saying to anyone else, “Hey, if you are thinking about reading this series, you might want to think about stopping after Faith of the Fallen.”

—Patrick

Kovac

Kovac

I realized that I didn't enjoy the series anymore at The Pillars of Creation and for the first time when reading a book started skimming/skipping tedious chapters just to reach the end.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I have the first... 9? 10? Books on my shelf here, for them for free when a friend was cleaning out their library (who does such a thing?!) and never made it all the way through.

drifter

drifter

TIL Legend of the Seeker was based off The Sword of Truth

PatrThom

PatrThom

TIL Legend of the Seeker was based off The Sword of Truth
If you liked the Herc & Xena series, you’ll probably like LotS as well. And vice versa.

—Patrick

Kovac

Kovac

If I had watched Legend of the Seeker in the same era as Herc & Xena I probably would have enjoyed it but as an adult I found it to be pretty unbearable.

Just... so much cheese

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I loved how LotS started EVERY fight by jumping in the air.