[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

COMPLETE ASIDE. I always liked that they often gave romulans a greenish pallor but that they never do this for vulcans is weird.

I hate the Krennim makeup. Those temple....bumps...scales...protrusions look so itchy. I'd just keep picking them.

It's the typical alien with shit in their face. Aside from that the whole Krennim thing and the one year of hell storyline should have been a season long storyline. Or at least more than just a two part episode.

Leeta's and the rest's outfits made sense though. They were basically Quark's Hooters girls.

Couldn't she have just said, "Hey guys, can I not wear a corset? Corsets are awful and I hate them." Holy moly.
It's funny that you've watched that many episodes of Voyager and still think the producers were open to sensible ideals.

So I guess season 4 is when they stop pretending there's any kind of scarcity.
I assumed they hand-waved it (and other stuff like “look we built a runabout”) under the assumption that they had traded/mined/replicated/windfall’d enough materials or just engineered/alien tech’d around the limitations by then.

—Patrick

Yeah, I know they're different, I just meant power consumption wise. They're always worried about power consumption, but never worry about the holodecks (and I'm aware of the FLLLIIIIMMMSSSSYY excuse given early on in the series), transporters, the shuttle craft replicator they have onboard somewhere, etc. Just regular food replicators.
It's actually a fairly large industrial replicator that can be used to manufacture parts and frame pieces. It can't replicate a ship whole because the actual onboard systems are too complex, so they sort of replicate it as a series of parts and assemble it like a car, then slide in the more complicated systems that have to be assembled by hand. I'm going to assume the one on Voyager is bigger than the Class 12 industrial replicators that the Maquis stole, which were about torpedo sized.

I assumed they hand-waved it (and other stuff like “look we built a runabout”) under the assumption that they had traded/mined/replicated/windfall’d enough materials or just engineered/alien tech’d around the limitations by then.

—Patrick
I just assumed Tom Paris was being his usual dick self when he started doing shit like that. He wasn't WRONG about building the Delta Flyer ether; in Star Trek Online, it outclasses Peregrine Fighters and is an fighter/frigate option for Federation Carriers. Hell, they actually re-commission the U.S.S. Voyager (which was a museum ship at the time) in 2410 (so like 30 years after Voyager) because the modifications they made inside the Delta Quadrant using alien technology made it the most effective ship at their command... and because Voyager was sort of the face of the Federation in the Delta Quadrant, which they suddenly had access to again.

Voyager gets a lot of shit for some of the dumb stuff, but some of the decisions (like the Delta Flyer) were actually really smart ones.

Every episode of Voyager:

Captain, someone's initiating an unauthorized transport.

Shut it down.

I can't captain, they've locked me out.

So, watching the episode that introduces the Hirogen properly and where Voyager begins to get news from home. It's SUPER weird how bouncy everyone is, despite the fact that the news from home has to be dominated by news of the bloody, losing conflict the alpha quadrant is embroiled in at the same time.

Though it does make sense that Starfleet command wouldn't burden them with crippling demoralizing news. So, rescinded.

So, watching the episode that introduces the Hirogen properly and where Voyager begins to get news from home. It's SUPER weird how bouncy everyone is, despite the fact that the news from home has to be dominated by news of the bloody, losing conflict the alpha quadrant is embroiled in at the same time.

Though it does make sense that Starfleet command wouldn't burden them with crippling demoralizing news. So, rescinded.
Starfleet Command does tell them that the Maquis were basically wiped out... but at the same time, the Federation is also at war with Cardassia and the Dominion, so the Maquis got what it wanted. Timeline wise, the last thing that happened before this episode is Dukat escaping Federation custody during "Waltz".

The one with Andy Dick?
Great thinking starfleet. The first EMH has bad bedside manners? Here have a neurotic coward instead.

Retrospect is....really, really bad. Interesting concept, but so fucking inept.

Then it just ends with an "Oh well, we fucked up. Moving on."

It's actually fun to read along and see how much I remember and what I don't. At least as far as I'm concerned, feel free to continue.

I sort of want to rewatch TNG, DS98 and Voyager...but I don't have time to watch alone, and e have too much stuff DVR'd and coming on to watch anyway, and my GF wasn't even a big fan of Babylon 5 - which was a better show than most of Star Trek.

How the hell do you not spend AT LEAST an episode dealing with the fallout from The Killing Game?

Half the ship was carved out. Cheerist Voyager. The God damn inside of the ship was gutted, multiple dead crew members, likely real loss of resources, etc. Next episode, everything's fine and hunky dory. That might be the worst status quo bullshit ever of any Star Trek show.

I mean, holy shit the episode starts with Paris complaining about how bored he is working in sickbay. Fuck guys.

"It's a 1969 MINT Camaro." No Tom, it's a hologram. Being proud of a hologram is fucking lame. You're now the most pathetic person on Voyager. You just made Harry Kim seem impressive.

Last edited:
How the hell do you not spend AT LEAST an episode dealing with the fallout from The Killing Game? Half the ship was carved out. Cheerist Voyager. The God damn inside of the ship was gutted, multiple dead crew members, likely real loss of resources, etc. Next episode, everything's fine and hunky dory. That might be the worst status quo bullshit ever of any Star Trek show.

I mean, holy shit the episode starts with Paris complaining about how bored he is working in sickbay. Fuck guys.

"It's a 1969 MINT Camaro." No Tom, it's a hologram. Being proud of a hologram is fucking lame. You're now the most pathetic person on Voyager. You just made Harry Kim seem impressive.
capturd.gif

--Patrick

I've implanted a computer virus to ensure all information about us is forgotten.

Ok....well, we're just gonna purge that so that that doesn't happen because your dumbass societal rules don't apply to us. Take a pad that's been disconnected from the wifi and factory reset it and record some info on it or something. So, take your magic pheromones the fuck out of here.

THIS CONCLUDES THE HOW IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED ON THE EPISODE UNFORGETTABLE.

The warship Voyager is super lame looking....just wicked lame. At least the Dreadnought Enterprise D from All Good Things had some style to it.

Forgot how bubbly (terrible description but how it feels to me) and smudgey the CG of Voyager looked after Seven joined. Like low budget video game cutscenes.

Was there some sort of decree that now Tom Paris must throw car vernacular into all his dialogue now? It has increased so much lately.

Also, can you fucking imagine a hotshot pilot being obsessed with horse drawn carriages? Knowing quite a few guys at the Canadian air force base in Cold Lake, I can tell you this is inconceivable. His character makes no fucking sense. If they had Tom's holodeck hobbies be like piloting 20th century jet fighters or something, I'd believe it. Working on old cars? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off.

Last edited:
How the hell do you not spend AT LEAST an episode dealing with the fallout from The Killing Game?

Half the ship was carved out. Cheerist Voyager. The God damn inside of the ship was gutted, multiple dead crew members, likely real loss of resources, etc. Next episode, everything's fine and hunky dory. That might be the worst status quo bullshit ever of any Star Trek show.

The whole crew were forced into horrible scenarios of the bloodies conflicts of the whole alpha quadrant for the amusement of an alien race. Getting killed or nearly killed, hacked to pieces by them maybe even each other without being aware of it or any memory of it afterwards. Damn right that deserved a follow up episode. That episode left many questions open. Where was Naomi the whole time? Did the Hirogen left her in a room or was she part of one of the scenarios? Where is the thrill in the hunt if you have control over everything? Or is that considered cheating? Did the Hirogen made up their own scenarios using historic templates or did somebody in the Alpha Quadrant wrote a WWII occupied Paris story as amusement. Why the hell was it necessary for B'Elana to have a affair with a nazi commander including "fake" pregnancy?

Why the hell was it necessary for B'Elana to have a affair with a nazi commander including "fake" pregnancy?
Because Roxann Dawson, B'Elana's actress, was pregnant most of Season 4. She wears a lab coat most of the season to hide it, but she couldn't during "The Killing Game" Parts 1 and 2, so they wrote it in.

Because Roxann Dawson, B'Elana's actress, was pregnant most of Season 4. She wears a lab coat most of the season to hide it, but she couldn't during "The Killing Game" Parts 1 and 2, so they wrote it in.
I know that. That's why I put the fake in quotes. But it's still questionable and doesn't make sense in the overall narrative of the episode.

...first episode of season 5. They're in that void space (which is apparently beyond the light of any stars in the galaxy...while being in the middle of the galaxy). Power goes down. Tom and Seven are on the holodeck. Instead of the holodeck turning off, just the lights go off. What the fuck Voyager writers?

Shit is dopey.

Not to mention the overly heavy handed environmentalism allegory, but those are classic Star Trek.

Last edited:
Drone's 29th century borg costume is almost as silly looking as the original Next Gen borgs. It's so awkward and goofy looking.

Oh my God, the sequence where he belly bump kills other borg is the height of unintentional comedy.

Last edited: