Starcraft remastered

Can't believe no one posted about it yet.

Sonme of the dimensions are a bit off, but it looks like a pretty faithful adaptation of the style.

And apparently SCBW is going to be free on b.net Blizzard App.

Not sure how many of us are going to buy the remaster, and even then how many hours we'd be putting into it. Since as Blizzard has repeatedly said, it's the exact same game, I don't really know what there is to talk about.

Also people don't pay attention :p. We have a Logan spoiler thread, but people would rather go through the trouble of tagging spoilers so they can have a discussion in the last movie you as thread.

Not sure how many of us are going to buy the remaster, and even then how many hours we'd be putting into it. Since as Blizzard has repeatedly said, it's the exact same game, I don't really know what there is to talk about.
Well, I never played the original. It might be time to spend a weekend learning the game. Then go online and beat the South Koreans at their national pastime.

Since as Blizzard has repeatedly said, it's the exact same game, I don't really know what there is to talk about.

HEATHEN!!!! We're supposed to talk about all the tiny differences in every model, and have giant flame wars about how that ruins or doesn't ruin the game...

Like, did you notice that the Battlecruiser that shows as the preview image for the 2nd video, the lower "tube" thing on the "wing" facing us is clearly at the different distance from the upper "tube" between the 2 versions?

Also, on the normal mode Siege Tank, the turret seems to be further inside the model for the HD version then in the classic one.

I can't wait to see how much they change the audio.
Do they rerecord with new VAs? Do they change the "annoyed" chat? Do they add additional dialogue? Will the dentist drill still be a part of the Terran theme?
Most importantly, how much ranting will I need to do about how they've ruined the treasured sounds of my childhood?

--Patrick

I can't wait to see how much they change the audio.
Do they rerecord with new VAs? Do they change the "annoyed" chat? Do they add additional dialogue? Will the dentist drill still be a part of the Terran theme?
Most importantly, how much ranting will I need to do about how they've ruined the treasured sounds of my childhood?
Given that they were already a "big" company by the time SC1 came around, they likely recorded it in a "real" studio and hopefully they have kept the masters all these years. In that case, just take a fresh copy of them, and you have full sound quality instantly. No problems for Voice Actors unless they never kept the originals.

The trick is that sometimes things (sound effects) sounded fine in lower quality, but in modern quality actually don't sound very good at all. So we'll have to see how that all works out. Luckily I expect very little of that, as "CD-quality" hasn't changed much, and even if it has at the high end, most people with builtin sound cards can't notice anyways.

Given that they were already a "big" company by the time SC1 came around, they likely recorded it in a "real" studio and hopefully they have kept the masters all these years. In that case, just take a fresh copy of them, and you have full sound quality instantly. No problems for Voice Actors unless they never kept the originals.
My biggest concern isn't really about access to the master recordings, it's that due to contractual requirements, falling-outs, medical issues/death, they might decide to just go ahead and rerecord the entire corpus with "fresh, new (cheaper) talent."

--Patrick

I imagine that any voices that were changed for SC2 will use those same voice actors for the remaster.

I imagine that any voices that were changed for SC2 will use those same voice actors for the remaster.
I sure hope so.
I also predict that a mod will quickly become available that replaces all the audio content with the original sounds.
If I have a subwoofer, siege tanks had better still sound like the hammer of justice being visited upon the wicked.

--Patrick

I sure hope so.
I also predict that a mod will quickly become available that replaces all the audio content with the original sounds.
If I have a subwoofer, siege tanks had better still sound like the hammer of justice being visited upon the wicked.

--Patrick
I think Blizzard is on the good side of the VA strike, so I don't imagine it will be an issue. It's not like the remastered version is going to be free.