Spock (Post yer new-ish gifs here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steven Soderburgin

Shegokigo said:
They're just being their usual aloof selves. Both of them have called Chibi/Seriousjay on posts directly.
Just because I call someone out doesn't mean I'm care enough about them to remember who they are. Although like I said, SeriousJay rings a bell.
Charlie Don't Surf said:
I just say what I think and if ya'll have problems with that, deal.
empty quote

-- Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm --

Shegokigo said:
Seems to me the only one getting him worked up is you.
Why is that Charlie's problem?

Mr. Lawface said:
Calleja said:
I'm not trying to make a meme either!!

I just SAY stuff sometimes, y'know? Not every post has to have an ulterior motive. I call them Charssinger cause it amuses me and it's a nice little concise word to mention them both at the same time. I'm not trying to amuse anyone with this, or create a meme, or try to be the center of attention... god DAMN.
So you are trying to amuse everyone, create a meme, and be the center of attention, right?
I guess?

frankly I don't get why people keep saying that I love to be the center of attention, I participate and comment on other people's posts and threads, sometimes even helpfully, don't I? Why the hell did this sentiment spark up with a few posters this past month?

Is it my vocal dis-like for Charssinger? Hey, if I don't like you and you frequent the same place I do, you'll KNOW I don't like you. I don't go behind people's backs, I openly dislike just like I openly like. There are three posters in this forum I would honestly not go out for a beer with, and all three of them know so.

So... yeah. I can't do anything in this forum without it becoming a thing? Oh hey, I jizzed myself in the eye, let's talk 3 months non-stop about that again! Oh, hey, I dislike Charssinger... attention whore!!

whatever, I'll keep posting what comes to my mind as long as I like this place enough to do so.

S

Steven Soderburgin

If they say stupid things multiple times, I'm going to call them out multiple times. I don't always pay attention to who posts something stupid, unless it's egregiously stupid.

Kissinger said:
If they say stupid things multiple times, I'm going to call them out multiple times. I don't always pay attention to who posts something stupid.
Must be very hard for you to keep from quoting yourself or Charlie every other post then huh? :slywink:

M

Mr. Lawface

Calleja said:
Mr. Lawface said:
Calleja said:

I just SAY stuff sometimes, y'know? Not every post has to have an ulterior motive. I call them Charssinger cause it amuses me and it's a nice little concise word to mention them both at the same time. I'm not trying to amuse anyone with this, or create a meme, or try to be the center of attention... god DAMN.
So you are trying to amuse everyone, create a meme, and be the center of attention, right?
I guess?
Well, I was just making a joke by saying the exact opposite of what you posted. I wasn't being serious.

fuck... this thread is moving too fast.. was that directed at me or Charssinger, Shego?

-- less than a minute ago --

.... damn, ok, disregard then.

Calleja said:
Specifically, in this case? Probably not. You do seem to use the Charsinger term pretty fast and loose but whatevs.

In general? Yeah you do. All the time. I thought one of the funniest hidden jokes about this forum was that two of te three of your memes were unintentional and featured YOU as the punchline, which I thought was pretty hilariously ironic.

This forum can occasionally use a little more Bruce. :)

But that's about it.

Gusto said:
In general? Yeah you do. All the time. I thought one of the funniest hidden jokes about this forum was that two of te three of your memes were unintentional and featured YOU as the punchline, which I thought was pretty hilariously ironic.
How am I constantly trying to BECOME a meme, then? Seriously.

Calleja said:
Gusto said:
How am I constantly trying to BECOME a meme, then? Seriously.
You aren't. Which is why it was funny.

Don't make me explain jokes, it hurts.

Shegokigo said:
CynicismKills said:
Shegokigo said:
Never thought I'd see someone White Knighting for Charlie / Kissinger. :rofl:
It's not even that, I just think it's hilarious to get Calleja worked up over this goofy name thing he came up with.
Seems to me the only one getting him worked up is you.
I never said otherwise?

More importantly this thread is sorely lacking in gifs now.

Gusto said:
Fair enough, then why do you say I like being the center of attention? It's not the first time you've said so in passing, and I genuinely care about what you, Gusto, think... so lay it on me.

Calleja said:
Gusto said:
Fair enough, then why do you say I like being the center of attention? It's not the first time you've said so in passing, and I genuinely care about what you, Gusto, think... so lay it on me.
I can't cite any specific examples, but you seem to post your BRUCE/SCARLET stuff a lot, you used to post your sex stories frequently, and sometimes I get the feeling that you try to take the attention off other people in threads that you may only loosely associate with.

I'm not trying to get pissy about it, but it's something I've noticed. And believe me, I could fill a notebook with the posting tendencies I've noticed from a LOT of mid-to-high profile posters, so it ain't just you.

ETA:

YEAH I'M WATCHING YOU.

WHO WATCHES THE GUSTO

the Bruce/Scarlett stuff is not to call attention to myself... I do it when a thread is becoming, I dunno, a JCM/Chaz flamefest or is otherwise becoming hostile/weird.. it's a "look, everyone, hot chick! chill!" kinda thing, sort of like Iaculus' Walrus pic.. is it really that bothersome?

The sex stories I posted cause it's the kind of stuff I talk about with my friends, which is like I usually post on here anyway
(The use of BOLD letters is trying to emulate a mock indignation I use in real life). I, for obvious reasons, have dialed back on how much I share in that department... but even if I still shared that, how is that more attention-whory than the average "ugh, this happened to me today" threads? Sex stuff is common talk in my circles, it's not something I bring up here just for the shock value or something. Come on.

The trying to take the attention off of other people in their own threads about them I seriously wish you're mistaken in or have misconstrued me on or something, cause that would be something I really wouldn't allow myself to do consciously.

Tell you what, do me a favor and next time you sense that.. that I'm trying to take the attention off other people in threads that I may only loosely associate with.. PM me with a :Leyla: smiley or something, just so I can identify that and put a stop to it? Please?

That point is something I really haven't been doing consciously, if I have been doing it at all, and I apologize in case I have.

The other two points... I don't quite agree on... I don't see them as "look at me! look at me!" things... at least not more so than a regular internet forum post inherently is.

Kissinger said:
Gusto, what have you noticed about me? :3
I've noticed that I love you. :uhhuh:

Please, honestly, don't ask me what I honestly notice about people. It will serve only to feed your egos, piss you off, and MOST DEFINITELY make me seem like a creepy stalker man. I'm just a little obsessed with the very meta subcultures I notice in this forum.

S

Steven Soderburgin

I didn't expect you to answer seriously at all, so pressure's off, man. :)

figmentPez

Staff member
I doubt any of these are new, but here they are anyway:

The gif above is an animated stereogram. One of those funky things you have to move your eyes out of focus to see. It's a shark.

P

Philosopher B.

Hot diggity. That shark is AWESOME! Took a little while to un-focus my eyes properly, but goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.