[Rant] So I'm Thinking of Moving.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has razors in the tips of the gloves. She files them occasionally. They can be noticed in almost any fight scene she has in the series.

The thing that's even more awesome is the fact that she did that. Considering her plasma powers can melt through any solid object, she created the gloves so she could go toe to toe with Kim Possible. It's where the KiGo fanfics really get their motivation. She never tried to "kill" her and in multiple situations she'd get angry if someonelse attempted to do it. So she uses the gloves instead of flat out killing her during their fist fights.

fade

Staff member
Fixed to more accurately represent what I see when I look at the females from Kim Possible:

shegofixed.jpg

Necronic

Staff member
Ok, so a little late to this party, but I lived in Austin for like 6 years and I'll say this:

1) Yes, a backwater town will be cheaper to live in than Austin. That's because it's a backwater town. But the interesting thing is that Austin is around the same cost of living as a non-backwater place like Houston.

2) There are a lot of over the top hipster liberals there, but luckilly they generally congregate in a single area. A lot of the rest of the population falls more into what I like to call the "Kerouac" category. They are artistic iconoclasts, but don't make any assumptions about them being another political stereotype.

3) The average age is like 24. This has some pretty obvious advantages (and disadvantages)

4) There actually is a very large Mexican population there (you mentioned that earlier), but it's not like the the Carlos Slim's you would find in Houston. That said the University has a TON of students that do fall more into the Carlos Slim area. And regardless, it doesn't matter because the ability to speak spanish is just as useful in Austin as it is anywhere else in Texas.

5) Austin has the best University in the state of Texas smack dab in the middle of it (suck it Rice). A lot of those kids are quite smart and it really does build up a nicely bohemian atmosphere. You could also take classes there if you wanted to, I would suggest it, it's where I got my degree and it's an excellent university.

6) Because Austin is such a sweet town you have to accept that the pay-rates for a lot of entry-level (or early level) jobs are not great. You are competing against the 10k students that graduate w/ a liberal arts degree/drop out each year (almost 250k students between all of the uni's btw) for every job. This means that pay rates are often ridiculously low there. When I graduated my first job offer was in Austin. I ended up taking a job in Houston for 50% more. Within 5 years I am now making ~3x what that job in Austin offered, and I know for a fact that that position would not have paid much more.

7) The previous statement notwithstanding, the only thing that keeps me from moving back to Austin is my girlfriend. I would take a 50% pay-cut to live there again.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, for the record, Austin is one of my favorite cities in the country. I totally agree that Bohemian is probably a better description than Liberal.

(Except for the part about t.u. Whoop!)

Status
Not open for further replies.