[PC Game] SMITE thread (plus Beta Key giveaway!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smite is a MOBA-style game being developed by Hi-Rez Studios, creators of Tribes: Ascend. Unlike most MOBA games like League of Legends and Defense of the Ancients, however, it is not played from a top-down isometric view. Rather, you play in a 3rd person over-the-shoulder perspective as you guide your character through the battle.

The characters themselves are not simply original characters like in those other games, either. They are modeled after deities from the Ancient Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Hindu and Chinese (Daoist) pantheons, including such well-known gods as Zeus, Hades, Ra, Anubis, Kali, Odin and Guan Yu, but also less well-known folks like He Bo, Sobek, Vamana and Ymir. Gods can be acquired through favor, the in-game currency that you acquire as you play games, or through gems, the in-game currency which must be purchased with real money and can also be used to buy skins. Fear not, however, as there are five gods currently available for free play, directly available when you enter the beta: Artemis, a ranged dps, Kali, a melee assassin, Ra, a mage, Sun Wu Kong, another melee assassin, and Ymir, a magical melee tank.

Here's the introductory video that plays when you go to the site, http://www.smitegame.com

Now, this game is currently in a semi-closed Beta. There are three ways you can get in: one, apply directly for the beta on the site; two, get a friend referral key; three, puchase a pack of gems and get a free beta key alongside them.

As I have been playing this game with my friends for a week or two now, I have two beta keys to give away! For those interested, all you have to do is ask me for one in this thread. There is one condition, however, which is that for every key that is received by one of you, I request that at least one of your friend keys is reserved for other Halforums members, should they be interested as well. This way, whenever one of us wants to play with the rest, we'll never lack any beta keys to give away.

Some Hindu folk are not pleased about this game and basically ask, "Why aren't Jesus or Michael the archangel represented? Of course, that would be offensive."

I heard about that. I don't know how many complaints were lodged, but apparently HiRez is not interested in either addressing them or removing the Hindu gods from the game. Alternatively, with the advent of the new character Bakasura, a demon (i.e. not a god), it could be they're moving into that direction, and eventually remove Kali, Agni and Vamana from the game once they have enough demons. On the other hand, I don't know how much that would appease the Hindu community.

Biblical heroes would be great, if you get to people like Samson or David or perhaps Moses for a mage-type character. It's not going to happen, probably, but it'd be cool to think about!

Status
Not open for further replies.