Sanctuary - It's worth to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
I am wondering if I should watch the entirety of Sanctuary, I have seen a few episodes, but nothing in order, however I sort of get unmotivated by cancelled shows.

I like the premise of the series, despite at times seems a little... not "drama" enough (?), also I am planning to write a book and there is a character that seems quite similar to Magnus.

Wait, they got cancelled... :aaah:

Yeah, it's a pretty fun show, and mostly episodic, with some longer stories now and then... so being over shouldn't be a problem...

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm really torn on Sanctuary. It tends to be a huge mix of awesome and awful with a lot of bland tossed in as well. Overall I'd say there are better shows to spend your time on (Grimm being the first to come to mind).

Hearing what'sherface from Stargate do a God awful British accent should be enough for anyone to want to steer clear of the show.

Ha ha ha, I'm the worst.[DOUBLEPOST=1360517591][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, she moved to Canada when she was 3. She's barely British. That there's a Canajun accent.

Hearing what'sherface from Stargate do a God awful British accent should be enough for anyone to want to steer clear of the show.
What are you talking about, the funny accent was one of the parts of the show i liked.

figmentPez

Staff member
Syndication??
I'm actually not sure what the full meaning of the term can be, but in this case it's sales of the show to run on other stations, usually broadcast stations. For a TV station to want to pick up the re-runs to show in an afternoon or late-night block, they usually require a show to have at least a certain number of episodes (I think it's 5 seasons worth).

I don't suppose there is any chance of a expanded book universe right?
I don't know. Eureka has a series of novels. Maybe Sanctuary will.

I so very much afraid of liking this show too much. Is there any similar series that is new and not too-close-to-end around?
I think Grimm has a lot in common with sanctuary. It's not quite so grand in scale, but it's got quirky characters, a hidden world, and some other commonalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.