[Question] Reusable container for poker chips

Dave

Staff member
Okay, this weekend I'm putting on a game show and I want to add a twist. In this game several panelists answer questions and when they get one right I want them to be able to open up a container to show a poker chip. These poker chips would be worth a specific amount that will add a bit of randomness to the scoring. But they can't, of course, see what color the poker chips are.

Here's what I'm looking for in a container:
  • Small (not too much bigger than the poker chip)
  • NOT transparent
  • Reusable - my original thought was just putting them in envelopes, but if we played 10 games I'd need an entire set of 5 for each game. Too time consuming.
My wife had the idea to get travel soap dispensers and duct tape them so you can't see in them. To me this is the best idea so far. But I also know you guys are idea people, so let's hear your solutions!

I would say you might have to force yourself to eat a bunch of Altoid sours, if only that were still a thing.

--Patrick

My wife is a manager at Michaels. You may remember every year or so I post a story about how I give away books there their Michaels Cares charity. This is a "take care of our own" kind of charity where Michaels will help out employees who are suffering economic hardships. I thought that was pretty nice. I've never worked at a place that had built a safety net for their own employees.

Sure, some managers are shitty, just like everywhere, but I haven't yet heard or seen anything that'd lead me to believe the company itself is bad.

Unlike when I worked for Citibank, for instance..heh

fade

Staff member
In most Asian markets or chinatowns, you can buy like hexagonal cardboard boxes that you fold yourself. They have a nice snug fitting lid. They're sold flat, and you fold them yourself. There are usually quite a few in one package, and often they come with decals that fit them perfectly, and make them look nice. They're also cheap, and you can get them in a size just big enough for a poker chip.

My wife is a manager at Michaels. You may remember every year or so I post a story about how I give away books there their Michaels Cares charity. This is a "take care of our own" kind of charity where Michaels will help out employees who are suffering economic hardships. I thought that was pretty nice. I've never worked at a place that had built a safety net for their own employees.
Sure, some managers are shitty, just like everywhere, but I haven't yet heard or seen anything that'd lead me to believe the company itself is bad.
She saw no evidence, either, but John was ... special. He was the sort who thought turning a monitor off and on again would reboot the computer.
The manager she really admired is named Barb, and John became store manager because Barb went to work for Trader Joe's, which I'm sure was a huge step up for her since TJ's has a reputation for being a company that cares about its employees even more than Michael's.

--Patrick