Random Coincidences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quandofloo

I typically eat lunch at a handful of different local restaurants near work. Last week I was eating at the Chinese buffet and my fortune cookie read, "You will soon be making a change in your career." I have received this fortune once before. The first time I was in the process of negotiating with my old company, unsuccessfully. This time I am waiting on a return call from a company in Maryland about a position with them. I laughed it off as just one of those random things that make you think.

Today, I ate at one of my favorite Mexican places. I eat at the bar when I go in since I usually eat alone. The woman that serves at the bar makes a few cakes on Wednesdays and gives the regulars a piece. Today she had a chocolate-chocolate cake and an unusual desert. It is a layered desert with strawberry Jello, a cream cheese filling, and pretzels on the bottom. The only other time I have ever heard of this was when my grandmother made it for Thanksgiving for a few years. The coincidence here is that I spent the morning talking to my mom about how my grandmother had another stroke yesterday and isn't doing very well.

My lunch restaurants are starting to creep me out.

Sol said:
Hold on. You have to slow down. You're losing it. You have to take a breath. Listen to yourself. You're connecting a computer bug I had with a computer bug you might have had and some religious hogwash. You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. 216 steps from a mere street corner to your front door. 216 seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere.
Coincidences are fun things to keep your mind occupied with, but eh, they're so common that mentioning them isn't worth it for me.

I once had a fortune cookie that read, "Your destiny lies before you."

Which made me go A-DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

I say that it's an amazing random coincidence that this is my 666th post. And why? Because it is an evil, EVIL post! :twisted:

You, sir, have a mother who partakes in activities of questionable morality!

...was that evil? I brought your mom into it and everything...

L

Le Quack

I was thinking about random coincidences earlier today!

What a coincidence!

Cajungal

Staff member
Denbrought said:
Sol said:
Hold on. You have to slow down. You're losing it. You have to take a breath. Listen to yourself. You're connecting a computer bug I had with a computer bug you might have had and some religious hogwash. You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. 216 steps from a mere street corner to your front door. 216 seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere.
Coincidences are fun things to keep your mind occupied with, but eh, they're so common that mentioning them isn't worth it for me.
You make a lot of posts about the things that you deem not worth mentioning. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Cajungal said:
Denbrought said:
Sol said:
You make a lot of posts about the things that you deem not worth mentioning. Not a complaint, just an observation.
I do? I guess that speaks lengths about me ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.