Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schindler's List

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philosopher B.

I've got a pile of movies from the library here. I'm not in any particular mood, I just want to see something mindbogglingly awesome.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Nosferatu

These polls should be public so people can see whatever I voted for and know that one is the correct answer.

Kissinger said:
These polls should be public so people can see whatever I voted for and know that one is the correct answer.
Now that was funny-for-real.

I want to vote for Persepolis in principle but I, um, haven't seen it yet. But I loved the novel.

S

Steven Soderburgin

ZenMonkey said:
Now that was funny-for-real.

I want to vote for Persepolis in principle but I, um, haven't seen it yet. But I loved the novel.
It's pretty good! It doesn't go quite as deep as the novel, but it's a good movie.

Kissinger said:
It's pretty good! It doesn't go quite as deep as the novel, but it's a good movie.
It's on my Instant queue, and I was about to turn it on after this but I forgot I have to go watch Burn Notice. Maybe later though.

P

Philosopher B.

Finished it. That was great. My fav scenes were the bits with Anthony Hopkins. I'm never going to look at Stottlemeyer on Monk the same again, though. :confused: At least I finally know what the fuck was up with that bit in Clerks II. :rofl:

Also, I see Shawshank Redemption apparently pulled ahead whilst I was away. I'll watch that tomorrow, then Nosferatu. :D

Philosopher B. said:
I'm never going to look at Stottlemeyer on Monk the same again, though.
His voice is so unique it took me quite a few episodes of Monk to get over it.

Also, thanks to you for the poll and Kissinger for the comments. I just finished Persepolis and I was blown away. It's good to see the power that simple, stark, hand-drawn animation can still have despite competition from 3-D bells and whistles. Whether or not you've read the novel I definitely recommend the movie. And it's particularly moving in light of recent events in Iran.

Philosopher B. said:
Finished it. That was great. My fav scenes were the bits with Anthony Hopkins. I'm never going to look at Stottlemeyer on Monk the same again, though. :confused: At least I finally know what the fuck was up with that bit in Clerks II. :rofl:

Also, I see Shawshank Redemption apparently pulled ahead whilst I was away. I'll watch that tomorrow, then Nosferatu. :D
Wait a minute... have you NOT seen these films before? :eek:

S

Steven Soderburgin

That's the impression I get, yeah. In that case, watch all of them. I wouldn't exactly describe Schindler's List as "mindbogglingly awesome" but it's rather brilliant.

P

Philosopher B.

Now I really want to see Persepolis. 'Bout to put in Shawshank, maybe I'll put that on after.

Shegokigo said:
Philosopher B. said:

Wait a minute... have you NOT seen these films before? :eek:
No. :redface:

Kissinger said:
That's the impression I get, yeah. In that case, watch all of them. I wouldn't exactly describe Schindler's List as "mindbogglingly awesome" but it's rather brilliant.
I'll definitely get around to all of them eventually ... might have to renew a couple though, as they go back in a day or two. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.