[Other] Pouring One Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember checking it out when it was first announced, and from the videos it looked like they had updated the combat and changed the story. I was a little dissapointed that it wasn't a brand new game.

So, not so much sad that the remake was so spectacular as it is sad that this experience didn't come with a whole new story along with it?

Hmmm... I guess it's threefold.

1. Sad that it wasn't a new game

2. Sad that I didn't get to play it as I didn't have a psp

3. Sad that if it DOES go on psn, they most likely would not put any other version up.

Although,

4. Happy that if it does go up on PSN I'd actually get to play it.

Let me put it this way, as a fan of Lunar, it's worth buying a PSP for this experience alone.

They didn't change the storyline, they ADDED alot of missing pieces. The entire game opening is the story of how Dyne/Althena/Ghaleon etc finished off the "evil" of their time.

Seriously, it's amazing. The new artwork, the new backrounds, the new animated cut scenes. Pure perfection.

Darn it...

I've been happy with my DS, but was thinking of upgrading to the 3DS. Maybe I'll hold out and get a PSP and Lunar for christmas...

You can get an easy grab PSP for less than $80 if you're Craigslist savvy. Lunar is not hard to get ahold of either.

I never played anything on a PSP3000, my 2000 has served me well for a damn long time. You're really going to be floored by what you've missed. :)

N

Namesake

I'm still waiting on a real Lunar game post Eternal Blue..... *le'sigh*
Another Lunar fan? all Sin does is make fun of the voice acting and the musical numbers which I may or may not have burned to a cd.....

I used to love me some Sierra games. I remember when they had an MMO that got completely destroyed when EQ came out. It went from somewhat full servers to ghost town virtually overnight.

I'm gonna throw out Toys for Bob. They've been stuck making kiddie games for too fucking long under Activision's thumb. These are the guys responsible for Star Control 2. One of the greatest video games of all time, bar none. I was thinking about them because I was trying to remember games from the age of the original Lunar that actually had good voice acting and I remembered some of the aliens from the 3DO version of SC2.

One of the best villains from any game, because of their complex motivation, the Ur-Quan

Shit, I just realized Star Control 2 is almost 20 years old now. FUUUUUUUUUUCK time.

I used to love me some Sierra games. I remember when they had an MMO that got completely destroyed when EQ came out. It went from somewhat full servers to ghost town virtually overnight.
Holy shit, I remember that.... "The Realm." I was signed on for testing it (read as play an MMO before I knew what they were)... left before EQ came out, though.

It's still there, if you know where to look. Haven't played it, though

Status
Not open for further replies.