Pittsburgh to college students: you are a burden

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

C

Chibibar

so basically let me get this straight.

The student is trying to learn (costing a lot of money in today's society) now they want to tax them? cause "the student is NOT contributing to the city?"

Right...... when the student do get their education they will start being productive member of society (could be in the city they are in) of course now they won't since the city is trying to screw them over.

1% is a lot of money if you think about it.

D

Dusty668

Didn't someone do this a year or two ago, seems like a familiar ploy.

North_Ranger

Staff member
People... Ravenstahl? Clearly this is a ploy by one Raven Darkholme, aka Mystique.

That's right, people. Mystique hates college students. And lives in Pittsburgh.

A

Alucard

Dear god I'm glad I didn't decide to go there.

Ughh politics.

But hey last semester we got a 300.00 tuition increase to help pay for road repair and other shit. It wasn't even remotely related to anything college wise either.

Just like hey you get this increase in tuition. We had some colleges go and protest in Albany.

Ughh politics.

But hey last semester we got a 300.00 tuition increase to help pay for road repair and other shit. It wasn't even remotely related to anything college wise either.

Just like hey you get this increase in tuition. We had some colleges go and protest in Albany.
The reason they do this stuff is many college students don't register to vote, because of Tax reasons (or so I'm told.) This creates an unrepresented social class in college areas, allowing the local governments to abuse them to their hearts content.

A

Alucard

Sighh it figures. It just seemed rather retarded that local state government could do this.
Then again I shouldn't be surpised at anything now.

C

Chibibar

Ughh politics.

The reason they do this stuff is many college students don't register to vote, because of Tax reasons (or so I'm told.) This creates an unrepresented social class in college areas, allowing the local governments to abuse them to their hearts content.[/QUOTE]

huh?? that is new where did you hear that? We have our community college promote government involvement and such (maybe cause we are a community college so we count on state money)

Ughh politics.

The reason they do this stuff is many college students don't register to vote, because of Tax reasons (or so I'm told.) This creates an unrepresented social class in college areas, allowing the local governments to abuse them to their hearts content.[/QUOTE]

College students don't register to vote because they are lazy or stupid. It's their own damn fault if they aren't represented.

As for the OP, this mayor is stupid. Most of those students will grow up to be some of the more productive members of society. Creating more barriers in education is a nice way to screw over the future. I hope the good people of Pittsburgh bounce this dumbass out of office in the next election, and keep him out of politics for good.

Sighh it figures. It just seemed rather retarded that local state government could do this.
Then again I shouldn't be surpised at anything now.
It's not going over well outside the mayor's office. If you read the links in the OP, you'd see that the mayor's OWN PARTY is trying to block this in Harrisburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.