Photos - That thing where you make artwork without drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I figure there's got to be at least one other dedicated photography enthusiast around here. If not, then I claim this thread in the name of me.

First, the last three I uploaded to flickr:

And just one I like:

So, critique and post your own stuff and all that jibberjabber.

The nature ones are lovely, and that last one is delightfully quirky!

(I'd say I'm showing my age by using that phrase, but I don't think even people my age actually use the phrase 'delightfully quirky', so maybe I'm just odd...)

Ross

Staff member
Older grabs:

Stuff from this year (I got a better digital camcorder):

And, of course, there's my sig.

I need to start doing REAL lightning photography... using my digital camera to take long exposure shots. Unfortunately, we didn't get too many worthwhile storms this year, and I was busy all summer, so there was not much opportunity to get great shots.

I dont take many pics but I do take a few every now than. Here is the only one I have with me on my works computer.

:eek: :eek: :eek: all these photos are amazing and beautiful! i love asian landscapes and architecture and EVERYTHING :) great work, all!

P

Philosopher B.

Oooh, lots of nice scenery and colour in there. The koi pond pic is cool.

omgtree said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: all these photos are amazing and beautiful! i love asian landscapes and architecture and EVERYTHING :) great work, all!
Me too :uhhuh:

Most of these shots are from China, one or two from Japan, and a few from Singapore and Malaysia. The Koi pond pic was taken at a boarding school in Singapore. They get all the nice stuff =/

Here's another little pic I took yesterday.

I call it "Chimes blowing in the wind on a rainy day.... :Leyla: "

I like this one, although it's a mistake in my software algorithm:

This one is neat due to the lens flare encircling my kid and a friend:

Light reflection and refraction fascinates me:

Hm.

I love snow drifts:

-Adam

North_Ranger

Staff member
Here's some pictures I took on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day while I was visiting my parents in the countryside. We live a stone's toss away from a lake, and one evening I noticed there was a beautiful sunset over the lake, so I just took my camera and went outside. On the two following days I did the same when I went walking with my folks, my sister and her two kids.

Let's see if I can dig up some photos from my time in Ireland...

North_Ranger

Staff member
Green_Lantern said:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x9/Mikko_M/IMG_3834.jpg

Are those people in the middle of the lake? :Leyla:
No, those are pier poles, to be exact. Every summer the people from the neighbourhood set up the pier for swimmers. It's unhealthy to swim right at the shore; there's a nasty little bug that lives in the lake, and it can cause a nasty itch. It's safer to swim a little away from the shore.

They take the pier down for the winter.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x9/Mikko_M/IMG_3896.jpg

Wow, I don't live anywhere near a place with natural ice/snow, never thought that this could happen o.o
It's a pretty rare occurrence here, too. You basically need the temperature to keep shifting between either side of the freezing point... and for the branches to be moist just right.

That would be a close-up of a frozen puddle ;) I know, not very photogenic, but I thought the pattern was quite beautiful.

Hey nice pics North Ranger :)

Here's a few of my own. Just got back yesterday from visiting some family in Mt. Pleasant, PA (Near Pittsburgh). Took a few snow shots while I was up there.

I arrived last Wednesday to this:

Still snow makes things pretty

I didn't know what these were exactly, but they looked cool

This is my cousins' dog named "Bear". Cute, huh?

I just liked the look of this tree

Coming upon a field, I found this bed here, for no apparent reason

More snow shots:

Being near Pittsburgh and right before the Superbowl, there were a few Steelers decorations out. A couple of them were...odd.

That is one unhappy looking snowman

And this just struck me as...weird

I also found myself a frozen lake...

On which I bravely stood

And this would be the barn my Grandfather built himself back in 1969

And here's his Grandfather's old old old sharpening wheel that he used to sharpen his scythe. Thing's at least a century old.

There's also a mountain creek that runs behind my Grandparent's house that looks nice this time of year

This entire field here was covered with a layer of ice

Lets not forget the cows behind the barn. I had distinctly remembered a Brown/white cow last time I was up there. I asked my Grandfather what happened to it, to which he replied, "It's in the freezer."

And i just could not resist writing in the snow

Status
Not open for further replies.