[News] Phelous, Obscurus Lupa, and Andrew Dickman leave TGWTG

I was going to put this in the TGWTG thread, but it looks like that one aged out.

So, apparently as stated in the title, a bunch of people have started bailing on That Guy With the Glasses/Chanel Awesome because they are basically douchebags to the content producers.

Here's Lupa's explanation for what went down.

I wonder if the folks over at Chez Apocolypse aren't that far behind, though it's my understanding that Lindsey Ellis and Todd in the Shadows have contracts, so we'll see.

There are also some pretty scathing comments coming from other former producers such as JessOtoku.

I had no idea that site still had relevance. Haven't seen them discussed anywhere for quite a while.

Haven't seen any new content from them on the site lately, so I figured something like that was going on.

Chez Apocalypse has a better deal than others have, so I doubt it.[DOUBLEPOST=1421449698,1421449646][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had no idea that site still had relevance. Haven't seen them discussed anywhere for quite a while.
Partly because it's no longer TGWTG, but now a Channel Awesome site--a site with an awful layout. I pretty much only went for Nostalgia Critic videos, but now it's a chore to even visit the damn thing.

Just finished reading Lupas post and wow. I know that all kind of shit is going on behind the background but delete her stuff for being not available. That's a dick move and kind of childish. But I still don't understand why they are on the fence with Patreon.

Just finished reading Lupas post and wow. I know that all kind of shit is going on behind the background but delete her stuff for being not available. That's a dick move and kind of childish. But I still don't understand why they are on the fence with Patreon.
Most likely because it's money direct to the producer, not the site. I think they get some sort of ad revenue from the Blip ads.[DOUBLEPOST=1421452139,1421451934][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kyle Kallgren aka OanCitizen left as well.
He's part of the Chez Apocalypse group. I think that that whole site would be fine without TGWTG. I'm fairly certain that the main reason they added their own website is an insurance policy, just as Cinema Snob and Angry Joe have their own sites.

I never really watched them, honestly. Doesn't mean that anyone outside of the big names (Doug, Linkara, AngryJoe, ChezApocalypse) often get royally screwed.[DOUBLEPOST=1421452757,1421452290][/DOUBLEPOST]Just finished reading her blog post. Holy shit, that site is run by a bunch of douchebags. Mike, Doug, Rob. The whole lot of them. The only one I even watched anymore was Doug, but I think I'm gonna stop that.

I'm really surprised Chez Apocalypse hasn't broken away. Does Lindsay even make videos anymore? I haven't watched one of hers in ages. Last I saw, she was doing those "let's write a book!" videos.

I was going to put this in the TGWTG thread, but it looks like that one aged out.

So, apparently as stated in the title, a bunch of people have started bailing on That Guy With the Glasses/Chanel Awesome because they are basically douchebags to the content producers.

Here's Lupa's explanation for what went down.

I wonder if the folks over at Chez Apocolypse aren't that far behind, though it's my understanding that Lindsey Ellis and Todd in the Shadows have contracts, so we'll see.

There are also some pretty scathing comments coming from other former producers such as JessOtoku.
Lindsey Ellis has left/is leaving also.
http://namebrandlindsay.com/2015/01/10/farewell-channel-awesome-and-a-pre-emptive-faq/