Petty Divx complaint - don't buy Divx

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

The following is my emails to and from Divx and I've already had enough of their bullshit. Their useless tech support HAS to go! Please do NOT support their products!

The following order is reversed timewise, with most recent first.

If you had read my original message, you'd have seen I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Divx multiple times, including and after the useless link to the redistributable package. Apparently you're more interested in giving me generic, useless tips, instead of actually helping me fix the problem. Ok. Noted. I had bought the product in the past and planned to in the future, but no more. Since you refuse to give me proper help (and answer more than once every 24 hours) this is costing the Divx corporation money. I have lots of internet friends interested to know that Divx' products don't work, and if you have a problem, then it's my tough luck.
I will be forwarding this email to my friends and telling them not to buy or use Divx products.

--Eric

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM, DivX English Support <divx-support@divx.com> wrote:

Hello,

This is a generic Windows error message created by the operating system because it is not an error message created by our program. The Windows operating system is generating the error message in response to the DivX Plus Player program, but it is not an error message that is proprietary or specific to it.

If the redistributable package we sent you did not resolve the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the DivX Plus Software. To uninstall, go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and select DivX Setup. Select all the components in the uninstaller wizard. Once uninstalled, reboot your system and reinstall the software using the Free Download button at www.DivX.com.

Regards,

DivX Support

5/6/2010 5:16:10 PM

Nope, same error. And where, without providing information, do you get that
it is a Microsoft error? Clearly it's the DIVX program that is not starting.
Windows is running just fine.

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:25 PM, DivX English Support
wrote:

> Dear DivX user,
>
> Since this is a Microsoft error message, you will need to ask them for a
> solution, however I've done some searching around and it looks like you will
> need to first download the following component:
>
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
>
> Once installed, you will then need to re-install our software. Obviously
> your under no obligation to install either and DivX doesn't take any
> responsibility if something happens with your system. I believe as long as
> you read the system requirements you should be good to go.
>
> Let me know if you have anymore questions
>
> Regards,
>
> DivX Support
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> TICKET RECEIVED: 5/5/2010 2:20:17 PM
>
> DESCRIPTION:
> I just installed the \"update\"to Divx Plus. Apparently the \"plus\" is that it
> completely disables Divx altogether and refuses to play anything with it?
> I'm very unhappy. Actually, once upon a time I DID purchase a license,
> though that was about 5 years ago, and you guys update so often it's been
> too much of a bother to put it in all the time.
>
> Nevertheless..
>
> The problem I'm having is with a clean install of Divx Plus, I get the
> following error after trying to run the Divx Plus player : (see attached
> picture)
>
> I'm running Win Xp Pro sp3, 4 gigs of ddr2 memory, all updated drivers, bla
> blah blah. everything's new. I built this computer. I've already tried "uninstall and reinstall" .. and restart
> inbetween.. same error.
>
> help please.
>
>
>

--------------------------------------------------

I just yanked Divx from my system because I installed their "update" and it broke all my media files. Set itself as default for all types of files (which I had told it not to) and instead of audio I have static blaring from my speakers.

M

Matt²

note that at no time does the tech give me their name or information, nor does he/she refer to (other than the vc redistrub. file,) anything actually of technical USE.

Ruffled Feathers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.