Export thread

PETA try to convince kids not to eat turkey

Chibibar

http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/15/8819110-peta-hounds-kids-not-to-eat-turkey

heheh. If you don't eat your dog, don't eat a turkey. So what if I do want to eat my dog, can I have my turkey now? Of course such ads won't work in China cause they DO eat dogs ;)

Terrik

Terrik

http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/15/8819110-peta-hounds-kids-not-to-eat-turkey

heheh. If you don't eat your dog, don't eat a turkey. So what if I do want to eat my dog, can I have my turkey now? Of course such ads won't work in China cause they DO eat dogs ;)

Well, it is winter.

Neon Pirate

Neon Pirate

Won't work one bit there! My wife is Chinese and makes the most awesome General Tzo's cat! The dog is always nervous. He knows what in trouble really means!

Null

Null

When was the last time PETA was successful with any of their campaigns?

Siska

Siska

What if my dog gets some turkey too?

Null

Null

What if my dog gets some turkey too?
By PETA logic, that's cannibalism.

bhamv3

bhamv3

When was the last time PETA was successful with any of their campaigns?
They successfully get people to stare at their hot naked girls. Though they're not quite so successful at getting people to pay attention to whatever those girls are trying to express, other than "I am not wearing clothes."

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I don't get how that poll has such a high number offended responses. How is it offensive, exactly?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

BananaHands

BananaHands

Those PETA folks are NUTS.

Emrys

Emrys

Maybe Anonymous should take on PETA. Sounds like something more their speed.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Those pieces of shit put this up last year at Christmas on a massive billboard in Edmonton.

PETA is fucking terrible. This is something kids should be reading.

Kovac

Kovac

“PETA's feast would feature Tofurky with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes (made with vegan margarine), and vegan apple pie topped with vanilla dairy-free ice cream.”
I could handle the apple pie but the rest sounds pretty terrible.

The world would be a dark depressing place without turkey at Christmas

LordRendar

LordRendar

Those pieces of shit put this up last year at Christmas on a massive billboard in Edmonton.

PETA is fucking terrible. This is something kids should be reading.
Milk makes Impotent? What bullshit.If so,Germany would be a wasteland.We got milk or milkproducts in EVERYTHING!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Milk makes Impotent? What bullshit.If so,Germany would be a wasteland.We got milk or milkproducts in EVERYTHING!
Not to mention soy milk has a high level of estrogen.
Added at: 12:33
Ever had tofurkey? Its actually really good. My sister and brother-in-law are vegetarians so at Thanksgiving and Christmas there's turkey as well as tofurkey and I take both.

Covar

Covar

I don't know, I like my meat and dairy in Apple pie. Not like those disgusting "vegan" apple pies.

Gusto

Gusto

Suckers.

Even if they succeed Mario will have a extra lives to spare.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I WILL NOT BE THANKFUL FOR TOFURKEY!!!!11!!!1!!!!!

Emrys

Emrys

Would you eat it with a fox? On a plane? Here or there?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'll eat it if it is covered in Chili con Carne...

Fun Size

Fun Size

If you don't eat your dog, don't eat a turkey.
So by that logic, it's okay if I fuck a turkey, right?

Emrys

Emrys

I'll eat it if it is covered in Chili con Carne...
I think that would go without saying.

Gryfter

Gryfter

So by that logic, it's okay if I fuck a turkey, right?
I would hate to be your dog.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I would hate to be your dog.
His dog is rather mature for his age...

Adam

Adammon

I think they got their facts bass-ackwards on that particular complaint - but it's PETA so facts don't matter.

SeraRelm

I wonder if they'll try to keep baby animals from feeding so they don't go impotent as well.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I don't know, guys. Babies drink milk all the time. When was the last time you heard of a baby getting laid?

Shakey

Shakey

I don't know, guys. Babies drink milk all the time. When was the last time you heard of a baby getting laid?
Espy seemed to be able to pull it off. https://www.halforums.com/threads/the-biggest-little-news-in-the-world.26564/

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Yeah, but Espy's diet consists entirely of smooth tasting tobacco. If anything, you're just helping to prove my point.

Tress

Tress

I'm eating a bit of extra turkey this year just to spite those assholes.

Gusto

Gusto

Is it American Thanksgiving this weekend?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Is it American Thanksgiving this weekend?
Negative, it's November 24 this year. Always falls on the last Thursday in November.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Thanksgiving is a pretty bullshit holiday made even worse by consumerism and the slaughter of millions of birds to satisfy our bloodlust.

Adam

Adammon

I think what you really mean to say is "Fuck the Turkeys!"

Chibibar

Thanksgiving is a pretty bullshit holiday made even worse by consumerism and the slaughter of millions of birds to satisfy our bloodlust.
Nah. That is what hunting season is for :)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

No, what I meant to say was "fuck our meat-eating food culture" and "fuck glorifying genocide".

Adam

Adammon

No, what I meant to say was "fuck our meat-eating food culture" and "fuck glorifying genocide".
define genocide:

The deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
I guess the question on all our minds is "Is the turkeys black?"

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is only genocide if you don't let them reproduce.

Heck there would be far fewer Turkeys on the planet if we did not think that they were so delicious.

Chibibar

It is only genocide if you don't let them reproduce.

Heck there would be far fewer Turkeys on the planet if we did not think that they were so delicious.
Heh. We breed them for food. Just like Chicken, Cows, Turkey and Horses.

Adam

Adammon

And puppies.

Chibibar

And puppies.
and cats, but only in certain country. Well Monkeys too but also limited to certain country ;)

Adam

Adammon

and cats, but only in certain country. Well Monkeys too but also limited to certain country ;)
Reindeer, bears, rabbits.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm referring to Native Americans.

Adam

Adammon

We're eating Native Americans now?? Holy crap.

Chibibar

Reindeer, bears, rabbits.
Do we have those farms? or they are grown naturally?
Added at: 14:58
We're eating Native Americans now?? Holy crap.
Don't eat my wife! (She is Cherokee/Black Foot 50% American Indian)

Adam

Adammon

I like my Native Americans sauteed delicately with a nice chardonnay.
Added at: 12:59
Don't eat my wife! (She is Cherokee/Black Foot 50% American Indian)
OM NOM NOM

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'm referring to Native Americans.
I'll continue to reply to your troll-bait...

How is Thanksgiving glorifying genocide?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

That was my general disdain for Thanksgiving

Shakey

Shakey

I thought Columbus Day was our glorify genocide day.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That was my general disdain for Thanksgiving
I still don't get how Thanksgiving is tied in your mind to the genocide of the native americans...

genocide of turkeys actually made a little sense.

Fun Size

Fun Size

All of our holidays glorify genocide in some way:

Thanksgiving: Native Americans
Christmas: Messiahs
Easter: Eggs
The Fourth of July: Redcoats
Halloween: Druids
St. Patrick's Day: Irish Snakes
MLK Day: Nope...not even I'm going there.

Gusto

Gusto

UNION!!!!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

GOBBLES!

Adam

Adammon

We do have Bunny Farms but usually they're there to eat you, not the other way around. (Unless you ask nice)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Thanksgiving is all glorifying and beautifying this great unifying meal where the Native Americans helped our dumb white asses, which allowed us to go on to kill the fuck out of them

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Thanksgiving is all glorifying and beautifying this great unifying meal where the Native Americans helped our dumb white asses, which allowed us to go on to kill the fuck out of them
So, if they did not feed the pilgrims... then the millions of future settlers would have never left Europe... check.

yeah, T-Day being about genocide still makes no sense.

Adam

Adammon

It's Westboro Baptist Charlie. Best to just make a wide berth, point and laugh.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Next month, tune in for Charlie's rant on the massacre of the pine trees.

Chibibar

Next month, tune in for Charlie's rant on the massacre of the pine trees.
Well, there is a tax for that! ;)

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Are you really comparing a race of people to trees?

Chibibar

Are you really comparing a race of people to trees?
Wait I thought we are comparing Turkey to Trees

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

That's pretty bad, too.

SeraRelm

Only if their bark is worse than their bite.

Chibibar

That's pretty bad, too.
well. It is not as bad since it is safer to compare killing a bunch of turkey vs killing a bunch of trees.

But if you are talking about killing a bunch of people, that bring to a whole new level of argument.

Edit: like Other holidays there are increase slaughter of pigs for those honey baked ham and/or BBQ

Emrys

Emrys

Sorry, Charlie, I'm not going to feel guilty over what my idiot ancestors did.

What I am going to do is celebrate American Thanksgiving, be thankful for everything I have, and eat this nice turkey, just to spite PETA.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

well. It is not as bad since it is safer to compare killing a bunch of turkey vs killing a bunch of trees.

But if you are talking about killing a bunch of people, that bring to a whole new level of argument.

Edit: like Other holidays there are increase slaughter of pigs for those honey baked ham and/or BBQ
I think the genocide he was talking about referred to Native Americans. You know, Thanksgiving and all.

Covar

Covar

Sorry, Charlie, I'm not going to feel guilty over what my idiot ancestors did.

What I am going to do is celebrate American Thanksgiving, be thankful for everything I have, and eat this nice turkey, just to spite PETA.
I'm not going to feel guilty for something that has nothing to do with the original Puritan colonies. What Charlie is talking about is about as related to Thanksgiving as the London Blitz is to the Wright Brothers.

/me is 3rd generation to be born in America.

Adam

Adammon

I live in Canada. My Thanksgiving is based on being a month ahead of the Murkins, just so we can laugh heartily in November at those arriving late to the tryptophan party.

Gusto

Gusto

We celebrate the end of a bountiful harvest season.

bhamv3

bhamv3

As a non-American, I believe every day is a day for being thankful for what we have. Every day is Thanksgiving for me.

I've eaten 320 turkeys so far this year!

fade

fade

But some of those turkeys are white, so it's okay.

Emrys

Emrys

As a non-American, I believe every day is a day for being thankful for what we have. Every day is Thanksgiving for me.

I've eaten 320 turkeys so far this year!
And still looking good!

General Specific

General Specific

I guess they're crying ...fowl

:csi:

Emrys

Emrys

Stop it before you hurt yourself.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I buy turkey from my friend's uncle's farm, I'm part Cree and I celebrate Thanksgiving in October.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I STAND FOR!

Emrys

Emrys

According to your information screen, you stand for Canadian bacon.

Eriol

Eriol

According to your information screen, you stand for Canadian bacon.
For all those non-Canadians, up here we call it "back bacon," probably because there's where it comes from on said pig. At least I hope that's why it's called that, and not from the head or something.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Well, American bacon is from pork-bellies... that is why it is a popular commodity.

Eriol

Eriol

Oh, and up here, if you order "bacon" you get what you guys would recognize as bacon. It's the same. As I said, what you call "Canadian Bacon" is "back bacon" so unless you order that, you're 100% OK no matter where you go.

Chibibar

Oh, and up here, if you order "bacon" you get what you guys would recognize as bacon. It's the same. As I said, what you call "Canadian Bacon" is "back bacon" so unless you order that, you're 100% OK no matter where you go.
It is Bacon. You can't go wrong with bacon :) yummy!

SeraRelm

I've always called it back bacon.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

But some of those turkeys are white, so it's okay.
I have white meat guilt

Necronic

Necronic

I buy turkey from my friend's uncle's farm, I'm part Cree and I celebrate Thanksgiving in October.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I STAND FOR!
You could eat it while watching "The Road" and crying. Because it's like thanksgiving and the trail of tears combi....ok this isn't appropriate.

Null

Null

The Road is the sort of movie you watch to psyche yourself up for using a suicide booth.

SeraRelm

Thought that was Melancholia.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I am about to get my third plate of leftover turkey from work.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You genocidal meat eater you...

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I have no control over what my company brings in / caters to a thanksgiving lunch thing. The deed is done, so I'll eat it so at least the birds didn't die in vain.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'd say eat the veggies, but since it is a Texas T-Day dinner, the veggies are likely loaded down with bacon.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I have no control over what my company brings in / caters to a thanksgiving lunch thing. The deed is done, so I'll eat it so at least the birds didn't die in vain.
I'll enjoy America for the same reason.