[Question] Opening a new front in the Pizza Wars

It's been 20 years since my last visit, and I can't remember the name of the place I was in last time, only that it was in Hell's Kitchen between the piers and Times Square, and they had letters on the wall thanking them for shipping pizzas to the soldiers during the First Gulf War.

So what's the really good place to go for a single slice? Do I look no further than Sal and Carmine's or Joe's? Are any of the dollar slice joints worth my time if I even know about the other two?

Time for a civil war to start in NYC! Show me what ya got, so I can stuff my face when I get there. :D

You can't go wrong with Joe's but I would agree that coal-fired is pretty great, though I wouldn't go out of my way.

I would not do the dollar-pizza thing, not because it's bad exactly (hard to do that with pizza in NYC), but it's definitely pretty inferior. Really, the only reason to do the dollar-pizza is to be able to say that you did.

I asked a friend who works in NYC and she echoes @SpecialKO that you should avoid the dollar joints. In fact her exact comment was "EW NO DONT DO DOLLAR PIZZA."
No specific recommendations, though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433266362,1433266159][/DOUBLEPOST]Correction, I finally got some recommendations.
"Best slice of pizza I’ve had was at Don Antonio’s it’s more Italian pizza not “NY” pizza."
"Carmine’s is pretty good for antipasto."

--Patrick

I used to get delivery in H'sK from Claudio's (10th ave between 43rd and 44th) all the time, and they have a good, no-frills NY pizza.

"Best slice of pizza I’ve had was at Don Antonio’s it’s more Italian pizza not “NY” pizza."
--Patrick
I haven't had pizza in NYC (sacrilege right?), but if someone says this place does a good Italian pizza GO! Italian pizza, with it's extra thin crust, is incredible. You can eat the whole thing, not just a slice.