Office 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2I:1evmox12][/youtube:1evmox12]

Anyone tried the software yet? Friend of mine apparently has it and is installing it, I guess I'll get a hands on later. At this point, it'd be hard for there to not be an improvement over 2007 -_-

That was actually a pretty funny video. The camerawork was better than I expected, although the editing was lackluster in some spots.

A

Alex B.

Son of a-I just now have 2007.

2007 is fine. All the complains I hear the standard "it's new and I'm not used to it, therefore it must be bad" variety.

Alex B. said:

2007 is fine. All the complains I hear the standard "it's new and I'm not used to it, therefore it must be bad" variety.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it. A new and almost completely useless revamp of the GUI only serves to confuse the current users of the old soft, and considering the office suite is used to work, that's not gonna make the companies who buy it happy.
I remember last semester my SoftEng teacher used Office 2007 as an example of what not to do, so this is fresh in my memory (same as me trying out the suite for a few weeks and being horrified with it).

And gods, the Excel changes alone merit a beating to whomever thought they were necessary.

C

Chazwozel

Denbrought said:
Alex B. said:

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. A new and almost completely useless revamp of the GUI only serves to confuse the current users of the old soft, and considering the office suite is used to work, that's not gonna make the companies who buy it happy.
I remember last semester my SoftEng teacher used Office 2007 as an example of what not to do, so this is fresh in my memory (same as me trying out the suite for a few weeks and being horrified with it).

And gods, the Excel changes alone merit a beating to whomever thought they were necessary.

What are you smoking Excel and Powerpoint 2007 are 100X better than before. Once I got used to Excel 2007, it made making graphs and doing formulas a breeze.

The only thing that majorly pisses me off is that every grandpa system out there hasn't upgraded to 2007 so I have to constantly double save things in 2003/2007 format.

Status
Not open for further replies.