Export thread

Occasional Login Problems

mikerc

mikerc

First thing I do when I log on is mouse over the Alerts tab. Sometimes when i do this I get a pop up box saying "You must be logged in to do that" & prompting me for my u/name & p/word. I know I've logged in correctly because it's telling me how many alerts I have before I do that. Doesn't always happen & when it does logging in a second time always fixes it so not a big deal but wondering if anyone knows why it's doing that?

Using FF on WinX.

GasBandit

GasBandit

First thing I do when I log on is mouse over the Alerts tab. Sometimes when i do this I get a pop up box saying "You must be logged in to do that" & prompting me for my u/name & p/word. I know I've logged in correctly because it's telling me how many alerts I have before I do that. Doesn't always happen & when it does logging in a second time always fixes it so not a big deal but wondering if anyone knows why it's doing that?

Using FF on WinX.
Do you have any settings or addons that mess with your cookies? Like, for "privacy" or anything like that? Because your login here is cookie based.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Also happens to me unusually often, though it's not something I can reliably reproduce.
Most often tends to happen if I've just signed in and tried to mouse over the "Alerts" section too ... quickly? Like I said, hard to reproduce.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

hard to reproduce.

--Patrick
There's special doctors who can help with that, you know.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hmm, I never log out, so I guess that's why I don't see it. Pat, is it happening to you on FF or Chrome?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hmm, I never log out, so I guess that's why I don't see it. Pat, is it happening to you on FF or Chrome?
I don't use either of those. I get it on both Opera and Safari. It'll be immediately after I've logged in, too. Username, Password, shows my name right there next to Inbox, go to hover over Alerts and "...you must be logged in to do that."

--Patrick

mikerc

mikerc

Do you have any settings or addons that mess with your cookies? Like, for "privacy" or anything like that? Because your login here is cookie based.
Nope, nothing like that. I do have FireFox set to delete cookies automatically, but it does that when I close the browser, not while I'm still browsing.

Dei

Dei

I just had this happen on FF on my PC. Then when I did do the log in it wouldn't load and had a white screen with a database error line. Then I reloaded and it was fine.

GasBandit

GasBandit

WELP GUESS I KNOW WHAT I'MMA BE DOIN THIS WEEKEND THEN

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

I get that periodically as well - only happens after I log in (using Google Chrome) and then go right to the "Alerts" area - I log in again and it's been fine.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Making Space Engineers videos?

mikerc

mikerc

Making Space Engineers videos?
Dammit, I was about to make that joke! Well OK, I was going to guess line-dancing, but still...

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is something that I've been running into for many months. It just wasn't annoying enough to make me want to mention it, but since someone else brought it up...

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GAGH for the life of me I can't replicate it. >_< I.T. in a nutshell.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I didn't think you'd be able to. It really only seems to happen once in a while (for me). I promise if I manage to nail it down that I'll pass on to you the how-to-replicate.

--Patrick