O Captain, my Captain.

Who would you chose

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Picard, no questions. I wouldn't respect Kirk, and Sisko, the only other one I would choose, I would be afraid that he would kill me at some point.

C

Cuyval Dar

BlackCat said:
Picard. On the Enterprise E.

How come you don't have Thrawn or Pellaeon from the Star Wars universe in there as well?
In this order,
Han Solo, either jetting around the galaxy in the Falcon, or in his career as general of the Mon Remonda anti-Zsinj taskforce.
Then Grand Admiral Thrawn/Captain (later SupComm) Pellaeon on the Chimaera.
Write in for Revan/the Jedi Exile on the Ebon Hawk from the KOTOR series.

HoboNinja said:
Totally not gay, guys! Honest!
This is how I view the majority of your posts.

It was was a tough choice between Han and Mal, but I'm going with Mal on this one.

Calleja said:
Mal would agree we're too pretty to die.
But the guy he told that to in the series died.

figmentPez

Staff member
Creideiki would be an awesome captain to serve under... if the ship hadn't gotten into so much trouble. It'd be be way too much trouble serving aboard Streaker after it made it's discovery. Not to mention I'm not sure how I'd get along with a nearly all dolphin crew.

Too bad you've limited it to starship captains. I wouldn't mind serving under Captain Jester (aka Willard Phule). They're part of the Space Legion, despite being stationed on planets or space stations most of the time, does it still count?

BlackCat said:
Who'd win in a fist fight. Solo or Kirk?
Well...

Would Han shoot first?

EDIT: Now, ya see, I didn't even notice that there was two pages to this thread. Now my joke is old. Damn early morning feedings.

My friends and I agree that Adama has his shit together. He runs a tighter ship than most of the others on the list, but I would not fear, were I under his command.

Picard: let's face it, being a star trek spaceman is awesome. Access to replicators and holodecks? Those are hella work benefits, son.

However, if you were under Kirk wearing a red shirt, you were fucked.

Adama is a man I would follow into the mouth of Hell, but it wouldn't be comfortable at all. The ship got progressively beat up, the food was disgusting algae stuff, and the only booze in any sort of quality was Tyrol's bathtub liquor. Not to mention the Cylons were always one step away from blowing them into atoms.

I'd have to choose Picard. The Enterprise had all the creature comforts and a kick-ass holodeck.

IronBrig4 said:
Adama is a man I would follow into the mouth of Hell, but it wouldn't be comfortable at all. The ship got progressively beat up, the food was disgusting algae stuff, and the only booze in any sort of quality was Tyrol's bathtub liquor. Not to mention the Cylons were always one step away from blowing them into atoms.

I'd have to choose Picard. The Enterprise had all the creature comforts and a kick-ass holodeck.
Yeah, I wouldn't make the Galactica my ship of choice at all. But if I was choosing on the basis of captain alone, it would be Adama in an instant.

Maybe stick him on a Home One, or The Lusankya or something, and that would be my optimal choice.

Rob King said:
IronBrig4 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't make the Galactica my ship of choice at all. But if I was choosing on the basis of captain alone, it would be Adama in an instant.

Maybe stick him on a Home One, or The Lusankya or something, and that would be my optimal choice.
This man knows what he's talking about :thumbsup:

If Adama had his sh!t together, why were there so frakkin' many mutinies and revolutions with in the fleet? He goes to the bottom of my list.

Hand Solo? I'd never follow a man named for self love.

Mal, seemed like a bad captain. He'd be fun to have on your side in a barfight, or a caper. But, he just did not have the chops to lead a safe ship.

Kirk would suck to work for, he got all the action and women.

Jean-Luc was actually written/played like a ship's captain. So I'd still serve aboard his ship.

sixpackshaker said:
If Adama had his sh!t together, why were there so frakkin' many mutinies and revolutions with in the fleet? He goes to the bottom of my list.
Because every last member of humanity had witnessed Armageddon, and no matter how much training the pilot has, there are still people afraid of flying. People thought they could do it better. The fact that they didn't get the chance is a testament to the fact that they couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.