Null AMA, because why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed like the thing to do. I decided to go with a name that better reflected my state of mind at the time.

I use the name "Lying Bastard" because everyone on the net is a lying bastard, I'm just upfront about it, and because it was the name of the ship from Ringworld, which was one of my favorite novels.

I did what now? BT, you always know to make me feel ignorant. :p Are you saying I'm even more incoherent now?

Writing is my dream job, and fortunately, while it's not paying the bills yet, I am able to so and be published. I've had my work appear in 5 books so far, as well as an e-zine, a module, and am currently under contract for 3 more books, another module, and, depending on how the licensing agreement goes, adapting an award-winning author's works for Pathfinder. I'm also rather enjoying learning about game design and the feedback I've received so far has been quite strong from non-biased audiences.

When I get to the point of being able to earn a living off my writing, I will be truly satisfied.

Re: Married to Entropy - Finally got it - the decline into nothingness. We're not married, just good friends.

2000's a good number to stop at. That averages out to 2 posts a day for almost 3 years. I think it's important to know when to leave. It's not about drama, or attention. It's about knowing when to say enough, and I feel I'm getting there.

@Morphine: I'm just tired of getting in pointless fights with people here, for no good reason, and I think I need to take a very long, maybe permanent break. The poll and all that was basically for fun, but I will abide by the results.

@Cajungal: With poetry, finding something that moves me enough to write. Prompts are almost necessary for me, though that's no guarantee. I am terrible at formal poetry, which is probably why BJ has made me write two villanelles (the most dastardly form of poetry), a sestina, and a pantoum. All of them were just awful. In general, though, the most difficult part is following through and actually finishing a piece I've started. I think the longest single piece of original fiction I've completed is around 25 pages.

@BT I won't stay because I need to take some time off from here, and I'm not needed to keep things lively. I don't have any real reason to stay. I wasn't posting in public because I didn't want to step over one of the options before the poll is over, so I wasn't going to post. While I'm not above being bribed, what I want from you can't be offered like coin.

@Gen We'll always have Charlotte. Or whatever her name was.

Status
Not open for further replies.