[Question] Not loading images

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, anyway, this may be my lack of forum skills, but I can't find the option "don't load any images" anymore.
Since this forum's gone even further in the whole "throws gifs/pictures at any thread instead of replying" than back when I left, it's incredibly slow-loading here at work (this is my secondary pc at work, it has ONLY IE open, and ONY HF - and it still manages to shut down due to lack of memory resources after a couple of hours.... IE 7.0 won't help either, of course). Being able to read the posts but not having all images load upon loading a page would be a great help. There used to be an option for that, but it's nowhere in account settings....
Am I blind?

heh, sorry bubbles, I have stumbled upon a large cache of them, I just cant help myself with this summer vacation free time

If you block imgur, photobucket, and one or two other major image sites you'll probably get most of them. You can add them to your hosts file, pointed to 127.0.0.1, and they'll stop loading. It's a cheap trick, but it works well, and is fast.

Stienman: I'd love to, but both of your solutions have been disallowed by IT :-P
Bones: don't worry, I like most of 'em :)
DarkAudit: this is the Century of the Fruitbat, right? :p

fade

Staff member
If it makes you feel any better, Lifehacker really liked IE 9, saying it's "not the IE you remember".

Status
Not open for further replies.