Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Cereal Mascots

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm only as far as Cheerios so far on the list, but cripes, the Critic is annoying this time around. The "my father has AIDS" thing wasn't funny at all and the "hookers and blow" was even worse. It's like he's trying way, WAY too hard to be funny. Moreso than usual, I mean. Which is pretty bad.

Just finished watching it and...geez, I don't know. A lot of it was just NOT funny this time around. I usually like the Critic, but the whole Cocoa Puffs joke went way too far (Spongebob? Hindenberg? Really?), but the history of these commercials I used to watch as a kid was interesting.

Also, am I the only one who thinks a giant fighting game with all the breafkast cereal characters would be just awesome?

ThatNickGuy said:
Just finished watching it and...geez, I don't know. A lot of it was just NOT funny this time around. I usually like the Critic, but the whole Cocoa Puffs joke went way too far (Spongebob? Hindenberg? Really?), but the history of these commercials I used to watch as a kid was interesting.

Also, am I the only one who thinks a giant fighting game with all the breafkast cereal characters would be just awesome?

CynicismKills
That's the exact picture I was thinking about Cyn, I have it on my HD at home and totally wanted to post it. :rofl: :thumbsup:

except that is a picture of fast food mascots and not breakfast cereal mascots. Now that being said I almost posted the same pic but CynicismKills beat me to it. :eek:rly:

*Chip says Hi!*
:rofl:

"There, now you're dead. How do you like that?" *spit*
:twisted:

"What's up with those kids? They're fucking enablers!"
:rofl:

"It was Puffs!"
:eek:

"It's like the "Dude" on steroids."
You know, Sugar Bear seems 10x more awesome now . :uhhuh:

"Fuck off bitch, I got cereal that needs eating!"
:hump:

The Trix Rabbit "Got Milk" commercial is still an all time great for me.

All in all, a very NC video. It's Grrrrrrrreat! :tongue:

I'd forgotten all about that "Got Milk" commercial, so it was like enjoying it again for the first time. :D

Bowielee said:
No love for Snap, Crackle and Pop?
That's what I'm saying.

Though he got number 1 right for sure.

You could say that choice was grrrrreat!

It seems like in the old old olden days you guys also used to have (based on the animation from when the number appeared) one of our favorite mascots down here:

MELVIN!

This brown elephant is as popular as Tony the Tiger here. Maybe even more so.

Yum, Choco Krispis

Also, where's this guy!?

P

Philosopher B.

MILK AND CEREAL.

CEREAL AND MILK. CEREAL AND MILK.

Stars, that's going to be stuck in my head for all time. :Leyla:

Philosopher B. said:
MILK AND CEREAL.

CEREAL AND MILK. CEREAL AND MILK.

Stars, that's going to be stuck in my head for all time. :Leyla:
It wasn't as bad as the "Mindfucks Video" song. I ended up downloading it and listening to that thing for days on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.